• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IR Cam

Jeremy Igo

Yes, I said I don't see him going along with a benching. That means a grumpy and unhappy Newton goes to the bench. One that becomes disgruntled or more disgruntled with Carolina. I don't see that as good big picture.

benching has lots of perceptions.

Benching and then going back in? That sounds like a performance benching then...or would to some.

IR or he plays is what I support. Not a benching

Amazingly, I actually agree with you about something Cam Newton related.

Benching Newton or putting him on IR opens up all sorts of ramifications.

It is fairly obvious Cam wants to play. He doesn't want to sit. If you sit him against his wishes, you might very well be ending his time in Carolina whether you want too or not. This is a man who ran onto the field in street clothes in week one.

Here is another possible angle: what if you sit Newton and Anderson plays well? What if the offensive line suddenly doesn't look quite so bad in front of a different sort of QB? As much as some of you will refuse to admit it, this scenario is entirely possible. And Anderson really isn't very good. He is just a much different player than is Newton. If that happens, you have a full blown QB controversy, and once again, you may be determining Newton's fate whether you want too or not.

If Newton wants to play and he has no fractures or injuries that show up on an MRI, you let him play until he decides he needs to sit or he becomes unable to protect himself. That level has not been reached yet. Newton looks relatively healthy when he decides to take off. It is obvious he has lost some quickness for whatever reason, but there is no pronounced limp when he runs in game context. This is not the RG III playoff situation of a couple of years ago.

We need a Jon Gruden

Oh hell no.

Well he probably needs off his foot and ribs rested anyway. Is there really a point in the practice reps if the whole point in benching him is to allow him to heal up and stay healthy?

I mean you want Cam working the backups at practice? Wouldn't it serve more a purpose to let Webb get those reps? His leadership is gonna shine with a headset on as others go battle in the slop?

Nobody's knocking him on his ass in practice.

Nobody's knocking him on his ass in practice.

So our "leader" throws the scout team reps....and puts on a headset and watches Thomas Davis go all out for 4Qs in be next ass whooping?

I still don't see Newton quietly doing that. Nor do I think it is perceived well.

Hey, I know what is fun....how many stories can ESPN and everyone create out of that?

IR him. Let him play. Rest is asking for more potential problems

So our "leader" throws the scout team reps....and puts on a headset and watches Thomas Davis go all out for 4Qs in be next ass whooping?

I still don't see Newton quietly doing that. Nor do I think it is perceived well.

Hey, I know what is fun....how many stories can ESPN and everyone create out of that?

IR him. Let him play. Rest is asking for more potential problems

Best solution there is probably splitting first team reps.

Mind you, I'm only discussing possibilities.  I'm not yet convinced this is the way to go.

Best solution there is probably splitting first team reps.

Mind you, I'm only discussing possibilities. I'm not yet convinced this is the way to go.

So the QB you know you would play on Sunday only gets half the reps in practice each week?

I mean, think about that...what would we even be trying to accomplish?

So the QB you know you would play on Sunday only gets half the reps in practice each week?

I mean, think about that...what would we even be trying to accomplish?

Protecting Cam Newton from getting killed or regressing further.

That's the whole (and sole) rationale behind any of this.

that's the ticket. ron will sacrifice anything to save his job.

Don't kid yourself,Rivera's job is safe. Richardson is to cheap to let him go at seasons end and pay him the $10 million or so left on his contract. Plus,he would have to pay big bucks to get a decent HC to come lead this train wreck we presently have. I hate to say it but we can all look for Rivera to be back for at least another year.

Protecting Cam Newton from getting killed or regressing further.

That's the whole (and sole) rationale behind any of this.

What are you telling your team. You still have games on Sunday.

"Hey, guys, excuse us for a sec but half your practice time this week will be used for Cam just to get some light work in for practice. Will give you the other half to legitimately practice with your QB for our game Sunday".

"Hey, Kalil. I don't want to here any moaning today you got 4 quarters to get ready for. Cam will be on the sideline cheering you on. Gotta think about his future alright".

Don't kid yourself,Rivera's job is safe. Richardson is to cheap to let him go at seasons end and pay him the $10 million or so left on his contract. Plus,he would have to pay big bucks to get a decent HC to come lead this train wreck we presently have. I hate to say it but we can all look for Rivera to be back for at least another year.

I've seen that argument a lot.  Still don't buy it.

lol u dont weed out a qb like cam,u trade him. jeebus, this setting cam up for failure stuff is nonsense.  Lets go about this logically shall we?

Gman - Ron I dont think Cam is our franchise qb of the future

Ron - Ok what do we do?  Trade Him for a couple of first round picks?

Gman - Nah fug that, we give him a poo oline, poo receivers wait for him to suck then cut him.

Ron - Are you smoking crack?

Gman - Maybe Just a little.

You forgot to add the last part of the conservation:

Ron- I though so,that's the same poo I have been smoking. Notice how I turn to stone standing on the sidelines?

What are you telling your team. You still have games on Sunday.

"Hey, guys, excuse us for a sec but half your practice time this week will be used for Cam just to get some light work in for practice. Will give you the other half to legitimately practice with your QB for our game Sunday".

"Hey, Kalil. I don't want to here any moaning today you got 4 quarters to get ready for. Cam will be on the sideline cheering you on. Gotta think about his future alright".

You're telling the team "this season is over and we're going to protect our quarterback".

I agree it's a lousy message to send everyone else, which is one of the reasons I can't get behind the idea.

Archived