• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IR Cam

Jeremy Igo

Meaning was once we were eliminated, the season was over

IR and benching have different perceptions. Even if done for the same reason IMO. Don't see Cam going allowing with being benched

Allowing to be benched??  He isnt the coach and will do what he is paid to do just like when he sat against Tampa.  Plus Ir has distinct disadvantages to being benched.  Once on Ir you can do nothing with the team. How can you continue to show leadership when you are on IR. At least from the bench you are part of the team and can go back in if needed.

I've been a fan since the beginning, but I cannot remember a worse team than the one we are fielding this year. Even in the 1-and 2-win seasons, the games were at least somewhat competitive. But that abortion last night has resigned me to the fact that this team is in no way ready to play big boy ball. I thin there are plenty of places to point fingers, starting with an oline that can't seem to do anything right (and is likely to either get Cam killed or at least leave him a David Carr-esque shell of himself). Running backs who consume large chunks of our salary cap that generally also drop to their knees at first contact. Defensive ends that are pedestrian at best without the presence of our perhaps mentally ill problem child to give them fire and anchor the right side of the line. Dbacks who are practically old enough to have played against Roger Staubach, or who have proved why their former teams bid them farewell. Youngsters at corner and safety who show flashes of promise, but who still have a lot to learn. On the oline, Bell and Chandler should buy a Two Men and a Truck franchise and start their new careers as furniture movers, because they sure as hell ain't cutting the mustard in the NFL. Kelvin Benjamin needs a Steve Smith-like come to Jesus meeting about completing routes and fierceness - there's no reason a WR his size should ever pull up short when a contested ball is in the air. And lastly, I have lost my faith in RR. It was apparent to anyone with a television last night that Cam was getting hammered, was hurt, and was consequently playing sloppy and making bad decisions out of real concern for his safety. When, in the press conference afterwards, Rivera said he "needed to get his reps," I resigned from the Riverboat fan club. If I'm Cam, someone in the Panthers organization is going to have do a lot to prove to me why I should re-sign with a team that seems content to watch me get pounded to jelly every Sunday, without providing any sort of real weapon to at least give me a shot at being competitive. I say blow it up, keep the 10 or 12 players who still have a glimmer of talent and worth, and pray we get a high draft pick we can trade away - to get a lot more picks in later rounds. At least that way we might be able to start building something that will be good for a few years, instead of a team whose wins all feel like a fluke.

anyone who thinks the 2010 team was more competitive than this one has to have their head examined.

lol u dont weed out a qb like cam,u trade him. jeebus, this setting cam up for failure stuff is nonsense.  Lets go about this logically shall we?

Gman - Ron I dont think Cam is our franchise qb of the future

Ron - Ok what do we do?  Trade Him for a couple of first round picks?

Gman - Nah fug that, we give him a poo oline, poo receivers wait for him to suck then cut him.

Ron - Are you smoking crack?

Gman - Maybe Just a little.

From Bill Voth...

5Hha1BFT_normal.jpegBlack & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview · 4m 4 minutes ago

Rivera says Newton “absolutely” looks as fast and elusive as he has in his previous three years. RR digging in on this one.

Rivera is a liar and can't be trusted. He also said that injuries are why our o line has struggled at times. More bs. Our o line has struggled the entire season and sucks period.

Rivera is a liar and can't be trusted. He also said that injuries are why our o line has struggled at times. More bs. Our o line has struggled the entire season and sucks period.

I don't think he's a liar.

I think he really believes what he's saying.

I'd actually feel better if I thought he were a liar.

Allowing to be benched?? He isnt the coach and will do what he is paid to do just like when he sat against Tampa. Plus Ir has distinct disadvantages to being benched. Once on Ir you can do nothing with the team. How can you continue to show leadership when you are on IR. At least from the bench you are part of the team and can go back in if needed.

Yes, I said I don't see him going along with a benching. That means a grumpy and unhappy Newton goes to the bench. One that becomes disgruntled or more disgruntled with Carolina. I don't see that as good big picture.

benching has lots of perceptions.

Benching and then going back in? That sounds like a performance benching then...or would to some.

IR or he plays is what I support. Not a benching

Yes, I said I don't see him going along with a benching. That means a grumpy and unhappy Newton goes to the bench. One that becomes disgruntled or more disgruntled with Carolina. I don't see that as good big picture.

benching has lots of perceptions.

Benching and then going back in? That sounds like a performance benching then...or would to some.

IR or he plays is what I support. Not a benching

But then he can't practice either.

I have trouble getting on board with this idea honestly, but I can see some rationale to it.

But then he can't practice either.

I have trouble getting on board with this idea honestly, but I can see some rationale to it.

Well he probably needs off his foot and ribs rested anyway. Is there really a point in the practice reps if the whole point in benching him is to allow him to heal up and stay healthy?

I mean you want Cam working the backups at practice? Wouldn't it serve more a purpose to let Webb get those reps? His leadership is gonna shine with a headset on as others go battle in the slop?

Archived