• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IR Cam

Jeremy Igo

Again I don't think anyone is comparing Cam to Carr directly.

Pavlov's Dog is a real thing.

I fear that Cam will regress because he is trained to take a beating. He so rarely can get to his 3rd read on any given play that even if he has time to do so, he chucks it into double coverage because he knows an ass pounding is inevitably headed his way.

so... if Webb and/or Anderson start winning games what will that tell you.... Cam isn't worth the contract or he's just that busted up?

God forbid if that does happen, and the line magically starts blocking and receivers magically start catching and defense magically shows up, then one could argue that the team doesnt follow Cam. of course it could be that we are about to hit the stretch of easy teams compared to pretty much all playoff teams.

If you force him onto IR now you might as well ship him off. He would never want to play here again. What we need to do is protect him as much as we can and chill with the deep routes to WRs who can't get open. Commit to running the ball and short passing game. Our D is really not playing all that bad when we don't turn it over and allow special teams mistakes. We are too close to the Div lead to throw in the towel right now. And, the mental damage we could do to Cam could be bad, especially if Anderson came in and outperformed him. I see your point, but it could go really bad IMO. Of course, you do risk further injury leaving him in. It's a tough call. 

Where is Mr. Scot? Didn't we have this conversation about a month ago?

I'm not in today, but if you'd like to leave a message...

I disagree. David Carr failed because David Carr sucked. Cam has to progress in his decision-making and that requires live action. As defeated as he might feel at the moment you never progress by avoiding trials but by embracing the challenge. The biggest enemy Cam has is his distaste for failure and the disengagement that follows. Enabling that through IR only exacerbates the problem.

Carr had plenty of potential.

The Texans did a piss poor job both coaching him and building around him.

I think you sit him but don't put him om IR.  If you do that he can't practice or do anything with the team.  He does need to sit and get a break but he doesn't need to be put on the shelf.

Valid point.

You're assuming our HC is a forward thinker, he's not. It may at some point with 3 games left in the season occur to him to sit Cam and use that scapegoat clause to save his job. But not yet.

I think he wants Gettleman to do it.

Again I don't think anyone is comparing Cam to Carr directly.

Pavlov's Dog is a real thing.

I fear that Cam will regress because he is trained to take a beating. He so rarely can get to his 3rd read on any given play that even if he has time to do so, he chucks it into double coverage because he knows an ass pounding is inevitably headed his way.

Quarterbacks who are constantly under pressure have an unfortunate tendency to revert to old, bad habits.

Trying to coach them in a situation like that is like trying to teach a guy how to play chess while shooting tennis balls at him.

I think you could rationally convince Cam to being IR'd once the season is over.

Benching him would be viewed by too many as a performance thing. I don't think that sits well with Cam. Too competive. Not sure if you want him here big picture that works well

Quarterbacks who are constantly under pressure have an unfortunate tendency to revert to old, bad habits.

Trying to coach them in a situation like that is like trying to teach a guy how to play chess while shooting tennis balls at him.

Valid.  Gruden was talking about how his mechanics have regressed and he is again trowing off his back foot and not being solid in his base and using all arm strength etc.  Do you let him keep doing that so you have to unlearn it again or give him a seat and time to fix his issues and see if he might do better down the road.

I think you could rationally convince Cam to being IR'd once the season is over.

Benching him would be viewed by too many as a performance thing. I don't think that sits well with Cam. Too competive. Not sure if you want him here big picture that works well

why would you IR someone after the season ends?  And if you told him that his mechanics were suffering and he was taking too much abuse and wasn't 100% it doesn't matter if you bench him or put him on IR.  The result would be the same.

why would you IR someone after the season ends?  And if you told him that his mechanics were suffering and he was taking too much abuse and wasn't 100% it doesn't matter if you bench him or put him on IR.  The result would be the same.

i think he meant once we are numerically eliminated from playoffs

Archived