• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IR Cam

Jeremy Igo

Well, it has come to this.

As of today, I feel like placing Cam on IR is the best option for the future of this team, for the following reasons...

1. He is hurt. It is painfully obvious the man is no where near 100%. When defensive tackles are running Cam Newton down, it isn't a sign of great health. He is no longer able to run to avoid potentially career ending hits. Lets face it, there isn't much left to play for this season. The Panthers may as well put Joe Webb in and see if he can spark anything on the offense with his legs, and possibly keep him as next year's #2.

2.  The Carr Factor - Playing behind an awful offensive line and offensive coordinator ruined David Carr's career. Cam is now regressing at a rate he may not be able to recover from. Keeping him out there will only increase the amount of time to recover, if ever. You all have seen Cam's confidence, his swag, slowly but surely fade away this season.

3. Recovery Time - I am not so sure at the rate at which things are happening now that Cam would be physically ready for OTA's in May. If he plays the season out, he will finish with lingering injuries. I am not sure 4 months would be adequate time for Cam to get to 100%. Whoever the next OC is for the Panthers, he would benefit greatly from having 100% of Cam's attention on the playbook and not on rehab.

I was thinking this as well.  

He's beat up.  No where near 100%.  Cam's not going to admit it.  But you can see when he plays.

The team sucks.  The season is over.  No point in destroying the man.

IR him.  Let him rest.

sorry I disagree.  Season is not over.  Carolina has a decent opportunity to make the playoffs with their remaining schedule.  Anything can happen after you get in.  Benching cam half way through the season could destroy him more mentally than not.  let him stick it out.

Archived