• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhythm - It Matters

Jeremy Igo

I put only a small amount what happened last night on Mike. I saw next to NO execution whatsoever.

As for Ron Rivera looking for "Rhythm"? How many more blowout loses should we suffer before you realize the man has no idea what he's talking about? TAKE CAM OUT OF THE GAME.

Last night was the first time I've been to an NFL game. There were so many things I saw that I couldn't by just watching it on T.V. one of the things that was apparant is that our WR's just don't get separation. KB has the advantage of his size but Jerrico and Avant just can't sesperate consistantly or fast enough. And the line...OMG witnessing it in person was mind blowing.

Smart offensive coordinators are like great chess players.  They think several moves ahead.

Guys who just stand there, look at their play cards and think "okay, what should I call next" aren't likely to be successful.

Pretty sure Shula is one of the latter.

If start by implementing a two second horn in practice. One one thousand two one thousand HONK.

Didn't get the ball out? Do it again. :)

That approach was used on Alex Smith (three seconds though, not two).

While he's still not exactly a great QB, he's better than he once was.

The problem is and always be Identity. The first few games when they discouraged Cam running, so throwing the ball came out quicker with shorter routes. Cinci game Read Option came back but so did the No Huddle. That game was played a ton out of the no huddle. Then Seattle and NO game almost all Read Option with no I-formation runs. Also no NO Huddle and no rhythm and play clock almost always at the end. 

This game they try to play the time of possession  game almost exclusively huddle and running the play clock down to the end on each possession just like against Seattle and NO but this time tried to do almost no Read Option runs. 

So it comes back to no identity as an offense. Every game we change our identity and it isnt working.

Archived