• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Botti's Rendition of the National Anthem

chknwing

If you haven't heard it yet, listen to it now.  One of the best I have heard.

Its panther related because both the panthers and Chris bring tears to your eyes by their performance.

chknwing,  you're the second man I've heard say Botti will bring tears to your eyes.  Is it really that moving?

If you haven't heard it yet, listen to it now.  One of the best I have heard.

Its panther related because both the panthers and Chris bring tears to your eyes by their performance.

I'd much rather see that than some pop star who can't sing a lick without autotune mangle our nation's anthem while trying to show off their mediocre vocal talent.

This guy plays the anthem on a trumpet with a bunch of trills and doodads and flourishes, it's really really moving.

Some pop girl sings it with a bunch of trills and doodads and flourishes, just sing the dang song ain't no need for all that.

This guy plays the anthem on a trumpet with a bunch of trills and doodads and flourishes, it's really really moving.

Some pop girl sings it with a bunch of trills and doodads and flourishes, just sing the dang song ain't no need for all that.

It must be the most nerve racking thing in the world to sing to a crowd of ravenous piranha just waiting for you to fug up a line so they can outrage and put your reputation on a spitfire

There's a gigantic difference between what this guy did and what typical pop singers do.  He makes good use of passing tones, adds subtle ghost notes with great articulation, while still hitting the longer important notes.  Singers have a tendency to 'trill and doodad' on those important notes, which makes it sound off.  Adding variation to those longer notes is one mark of a bad singer(i.e. they aren't capable of holding that note).

Those of you here in the Triangle (and those of you willing to make the drive if you loved this performance that much)... he'll be at DPAC in Durham on November 16. Among those performing with him that night is pianist Taylor Eigsti, who happens to be my good friend's cousin (and is unfortunately a 49ers fan... haha).

Archived