• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heading to Philly....

Jeremy Igo

goto Tony Lukes 39 E Oregon Ave Philadelphia, PA.  Get their Roast Pork Italian.  You will thank me later.

So, SO much this.

Their regular steak is phenomenal, as well. I visit Philly on average of about once a year, and stopping here is a necessity. It's also near the stadium(s).

Steve's Steaks are the best cheese steaks around.  Don't do the usual Genos or whatever the hell else it is.  This advice comes from family members who live in Philly.

I'd say Sonny's is the best spot for Philly Cheesesteak.

Other stuff for Zod:

if you feel like running up the Rocky stairs, don't park at the museum itself ($32 for parking!!!)

most of the independence stuff is free (liberty bell, independence hall, old town hall, etc). iirc, the only thing you pay for is the constitution center

eta: I second the stuff RumGone said about the area with cobblestone streets. Very good restaurants. sorry I don't know the streets or anything, but it's pretty close to the benjamin franklin bridge

eta again: if you get there a few days in advance, check out Terror Behind the Walls, a halloween exhibit at an old prison. It runs into november but I don't know exact dates. worth the price of admission

Staying near the airport, I didn't want to get a rental. I should be able to just uber it to the stadium and back right? Only like 8 miles.

Yeah but you will get into some traffic close to the Linc. You can have them drop you off at the Holiday Inn so that they don't have to get into the tailgating madness. Or McFadden's/Xfinity Live area - but that may be a little too congested.

Archived