• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heading to Philly....

Jeremy Igo

If you get there early go to Delessandro's ..  Cheesesteak, extra mayo, no whiz.    Bacon cheese fries.     Go to a quiet corner while your heart and body recovers from the nirvanna of eating away 2 days of your life.

Stay in well lit areas.

Any ball headed white dudes with jeremiah trotter, jerome brown or brian dawkins jersey... don't talk sh#$% unless you are ready to fight.  Especially after 7pm.

Don't eat anything, anywhere with Carolina gear on after a Philly loss.  Dead serious about this one.

If you get cornered, and are outnumbered say that you had the wear the Carolina stuff on a dare and Donovan McNabb sucks.

lol

Wut?

Gas station sushi? Go to an aquarium in one of the most historical cities in America? Looks like Raleigh? Are you confusing Philly with Cleveland?

Philly sushi sucks. The liberty bell is tiny and overcrowded with tourists. The aquarium is much more interesting than any of the history there (unless you are a Revolutionary Way buff, which I ain't). And it's a city full of 2-lane streets. Just saying, people act like it's a metropolitan super-center, but it's definitely got a small town vibe.

alright so philly is pretty massive and spread out but has a neighborhood vibe even in parts of center city.

a couple places id research or look into. talk to locals.

northern liberties has become more gentrified. you'll find more salt of the earth type of philadelphians here as well as south philly. artists have moved into this area as well. some cool bars

fishtown pbr drinkers/hipsters/artists. i think i went here once not that memorable i was really drunk though but i heard its up and coming

center city/washington square west (the gayborhood) historic poo and the gayborhood is pretty cool. really nice area.

west philly is more the college ish

south philly and the italian market

like others have said stay away from pats and genos they're right across the street from each other. overrated and pat is a fuging dickhead.

old city has more of the pricey restaurants if you wanna wine and dine. there's a strip of bars  that lead up to old city i cant remember the name but the bar scene was fuging incredible. and it was on a cobblestones street. south street bar strip in south philly also 

Don't be afraid to walk alone. I mean you may get mugged but you may not. I walked by myself a ton up to northern liberties for concerts from center city some stuff felt sketchy but nothing ever happened. i would just stay away from the subway. a lot of stuff is overblown but you can sense if you are about to be on a bad street and to stay away.  i'm not good with names of restaurants or bars because i went to so many it was all a blur for the most part. i just remember enjoying my times in northern liberties, washington square west, center city and south philly the most.

philly is weird. you have some absolutely amazing parts and parts that look like a nuclear bomb went off. And be careful not to get sucked into going across the bridge into camden off martin luther king blvd. camden is the scariest place on earth. i'm guessing you are not going to be driving though

where are you staying?

Archived