• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heading to Philly....

Jeremy Igo

I will be in NY next week and thinking maybe about going to this game just to add to the list of stadiums I've been to. Wondering if it's worth risking my life or not? I don't think I will be wearing any Panthers gear if I go just to avoid the harassment. I was at the Monday night Giants game last night and the Giants fans seemed civil to the Colts fans. From what I've heard Philly fans are complete assholes.

If you wear any Panther gear in the bathroom, be prepared to be pissed on. Saw it happen at NFC Championship game. Classy folks.

You will die laughing at all the tough-guy persona's. The whole town is roided up and ready to beat your ass.

well a fictional character portrayed by a roided up tough guy actor is kind of like the unofficial mascot of the entire city

I will be in NY next week and thinking maybe about going to this game just to add to the list of stadiums I've been to. Wondering if it's worth risking my life or not? I don't think I will be wearing any Panthers gear if I go just to avoid the harassment. I was at the Monday night Giants game last night and the Giants fans seemed civil to the Colts fans. From what I've heard Philly fans are complete assholes.

They are assholes...however there is a "family section" where it is much tamer. Upper deck end zone (don't remember the section number). No alcohol at your seat and people are just there to watch the game. It is free game in the concourse though. 

I had people come up and scream in my face but that was it. I only wore a black panthers knit hat. I saw fights, beer thrown on people, and people getting pissed on. All were fully decked out in Panther gear. Be smart and it is fine. If you antagonize them, don't be surprised with a black eye or getting drenched in beer. 

My 3 notes from my time in Philly:

1. Hands down the worst sushi I've ever had, in Philly. Including gas station sushi. Avoid like the plague.
  2. If you have time to sight-see, skip the liberty bell and touristy crap; go see their amazing aquarium.
  3. Philadelphians are in a city that looks like Raleigh, and act like they are New Yorkers. They slam cab hoods and curse at each other in the street...in front of a Victorian era courthouse. That basically sums up their personality as a whole; way too much bark for such a small dog. And the police chief's daughter is a gay basher (http://bluenationreview.com/privilege-entitlement-look-philadelphia-gay-bashing-suspect-kathryn-knott/). I mean, seriously? Gay bashing? What year is this? My point is, don't bother getting offended by anyone or anything you see in Philly. Just treat them as you would if the "My New Haircut" guy got in your face and just laugh them off.

My 3 notes from my time in Philly:

1. Hands down the worst sushi I've ever had, in Philly. Including gas station sushi. Avoid like the plague.
  2. If you have time to sight-see, skip the liberty bell and touristy crap; go see their amazing aquarium.
  3. Philadelphians are in a city that looks like Raleigh, and act like they are New Yorkers. They slam cab hoods and curse at each other in the street...in front of a Victorian era courthouse. That basically sums up their personality as a whole; way too much bark for such a small dog. And the police chief's daughter is a gay basher (http://bluenationreview.com/privilege-entitlement-look-philadelphia-gay-bashing-suspect-kathryn-knott/). I mean, seriously? Gay bashing? What year is this? My point is, don't bother getting offended by anyone or anything you see in Philly. Just treat them as you would if the "My New Haircut" guy got in your face and just laugh them off.

Wut?

Gas station sushi? Go to an aquarium in one of the most historical cities in America? Looks like Raleigh? Are you confusing Philly with Cleveland?

I lived in Philly for three years and my buddy from college and I always get together and go to the Panthers/Eagles games. This year we've decided to skip the game and meet up in Greensboro (where we went to school) instead. I'm so glad I don't have to fly up to that poop-hole city.

I lived there when we went to the NFC Championship and my boss invited me to the game in his awesome seats. I declined and opted to fly back to Charlotte and watch it with friends instead. That's how much that place blows.

I just got back from 3 days in Philly.  My parents live there.  (They are from NC, but had to move there due to a promotion.)

1 - Philly is huge.  Whoever said it was like Raleigh thinks entirely too highly of Raleigh.

2 - The food is amazing.  Go eat at one of the many amazing restaurants at Rittenhouse Square.  Avoid Pat's & Geno's.  Jim's Steaks is the best I've ever had.

3 - Anyone who tells you not to go see the Liberty Bell & Independence Hall is an idiot.  It's American history, and everyone should see them at least once in their lifetime.

4 - I didn't get the asshole vibe from people in Philly.  Everyone went out of their way to accommodate us and answer questions.  Eagles fans on gameday are a completely different breed, but the Philly population in general is pleasant.

5 - Lincoln Financial Field is really, really nice.

6 - Go Panthers!

7 - Avoid the subway early morning and late at night.  The homeless congregate in huge numbers down there... especially now that it's cold.

Archived