• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MNF: Indianapolis Colts (3-4) at NY Giants (5-3)

gettlemanjack

What are you going to remember from this game? Luck's could-have-been int's, or Luck's 354 yards and 4 TD's? I don't even know what we are arguing here.

The rules change is having its effect. I yawn at those stats. Now I only look to the playoffs and super bowl.

The rules change is having its effect. I yawn at those stats. Now I only look to the playoffs and super bowl.

There is no doubt in my mind that Luck will win a superbowl (possibly more) in his career. And I agree though, that the rule changes have inflated stats, but you can't just discount them.

Oh, ok. I see where your getting at now. Yeah, that's why I disagreed with Haplo when he said QB's are only as good as the players around them because it is not true at all.

It's not? Then the 'best' QB would win the super bowl every year.

There is no doubt in my mind that Luck will win a superbowl (possibly more) in his career. And I agree though, that the rule changes have inflated stats, but you can't just discount them.

I don't think it's solely due to rule changes otherwise all the average QBs will be having gaudy passing numbers. You'd notice it's only the elite who are benefiting. 

I don't think it's solely due to rule changes otherwise all the average QBs will be having gaudy passing numbers. You'd notice it's only the elite who are benefiting. 

Mostly true. However, guys like Dalton, Tannehill, and Stafford aren't elite, yet they are almost setting records up their with the greats.

He probably will. But that's just middle of the pack. Remember, his division will get better. They're piling up a lot of top picks. He needs to hit the iron while it's hot like Seattle did.

Poor Giants, they paid Eli all that money and now can't afford a decent team. Injuries have also bugged them but that offense stinks. No way Eli is worth that much.

Eli is such a horrible QB. Still can't put the ball between the numbers after all those years.

He probably will. But that's just middle of the pack. Remember, his division will get better. They're piling up a lot of top picks. He needs to hit the iron while it's hot like Seattle did.

Yep. But at the same time, Luck is only going to get better and the Colts defense is getting better as well (top 10 currently). And I wouldn't be worrying about the Jags, Titans, and Texans getting better anytime soon. Maybe the Texans, but that's it. The rest of them have 3-5 years before they are good enough to compete with Luck and the Colts.

What are you going to remember from this game? Luck's could-have-been int's, or Luck's 354 yards and 4 TD's? I don't even know what we are arguing here.

Having watched the Panthers offense this season, I don't think "could have been int's" is a topic I'd bring into this argument right now.

Archived