• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Norman / Bene next season.

Jeremy Igo

We can be, the key though is improved play at safety. Harper played some Nakamura/circus style garbage at safety. Decoud is alright, but not great. He is what we thought Harper could be, a stopgap. Boston hasn't been great, but I have seen some decent things from him, I think he has a lot of potential in the NFL. If (AND THATS A BIG IF!), if, Norman remains solid, Bene continues to improve, and White remains servicable, then IMO, it'll be more important for us to look for a safety in the draft or free agency than a Corner. did I mention it's only IF all 3 of those things happen.

Corner is a bigger problem than safety right now.

Bene was a boundary corner at SJSU and playing the nickel is new for him.  I wouldn't mind seeing him on the outside this season to see if we need to go after a CB1 in the draft.  I think Norman is a good complimentary CB, but if Bene looks overmatched at the NFL level outside, then I wouldn't be mad at him as the nickel.  

I do think he is capable of moving outside and might actually be equally as good there.  Too early to tell, but I think s Vaccaro/Clinton-Dix/Chancellor type of safety in FA or the draft would allow us to continue with a Norman/Bene/Dockery/White set of corners, and maybe pluck a 4th/5th-round gem at corner out of the draft too.

Let's us focus on OT/speedy WR/ RB with the first three picks.

I won't even watch a mini second of next season if our two starting corners are Norman and Bene.

Idk Chuck. I think that's a decent starting lineup. Either add another CB through Free Agency that isn't a bum(Cason) and put Bene in as nickel or bring a quality nickel CB in. S is what needs to be addressed. We need a pro-bowl capable FS

Idk Chuck. I think that's a decent starting lineup. Either add another CB through Free Agency that isn't a bum(Cason) and put Bene in as nickel or bring a quality nickel CB in. S is what needs to be addressed. We need a pro-bowl capable FS

Bene is the starting nickel.

I think Norman is just looking good bc Cason and White are just damn bad. But, I can live with Norman being a no2.

Safeties are upgradable, but I can love with Boston/Harper for a other year. Unless, we get the chance to take Landon Collins I wouldn't spend a lot of money on one next year.

TB: Sapp, Brooks, Lynch

CAR: Star, Luke, Collins?????????? ;)

I would take a corner in the 1st right now bc we are that bad stopping the pass: Peters, Ifo, PJ.

When you have a guy who can cover one side, now you can put safety help with Norman on the other. Defense would change a lot if we find a no1 corner next year.

Bene is the starting nickel.

I think Norman is just looking good bc Cason and White are just damn bad. But, I can live with Norman being a no2.

Safeties are upgradable, but I can love with Boston/Harper for a other year. Unless, we get the chance to take Landon Collins I wouldn't spend a lot of money on one next year.

TB: Sapp, Brooks, Lynch

CAR: Star, Luke, Collins?????????? ;)

I would take a corner in the 1st right now bc we are that bad stopping the pass: Peters, Ifo, PJ.

When you have a guy who can cover one side, now you can put safety help with Norman on the other. Defense would change a lot if we find a no1 corner next year.

Norman can definitely hold his own 1 on 1. It's the zone that we play, plays a part as well. If we ran man, Norman would be more than capable of being number 2, possibly even a 1 on some teams. Harper has to go, idk what you been smoking on chuck. HARPER HAS TO GO. But yes you are absolutely right, if we get a number 1 corner it does tend to keep a safety else where than over the top for help. But it also depend on the scheme as well, Our corners were decent last year, but we had better safety play which is why the secondary looked better last year. I think Boston is better suited for Free. Collins is a SS

I need to see a little more Bene befor I make a call. Early indications look good on the kid though.

Josh I don't now. He has some rough moments. That said, he competes every stinking play and WANTS to be involved in shutting off the run. I like him.

Archived