• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Norman / Bene next season.

Jeremy Igo

Bene has been promising, but Norman has just been so up and down throughout his career that I have a hard time trusting him to the point of penciling him in as a starter next season.  If Norman and Bene end up as the starting CBs, that's great, but I hope Gettleman doesn't count on it.

true, but he's got more experience and coaching now.  Considering his age, he's looking like a quality pick.

I think it is way too early to consider Norman solid. 2 "good" games while opposing QBs have licked their chops at some glaring guys asking to be beat. I just think Norman is experiencing life not being the weakest DB. His great play could largely be aided by QBs simply picking on others....not that they couldn't so what they always have to him

We have so many holes and weak spots it could just be a case of QBs having weaker spots highlighted to attack. If I was an opposing QB the past few weeks I would just throw at our nickel CB in every big moment.

I think it'd be a great idea, I just worry about the nickel in that situation because in our scheme, our nickel is as important as the #2. That said, if this happens, what about the idea of spending the offseason transitioning white to safety (he's a big hard hitter who was a safety in college and considered a tweener in the draft), bene and Norman outside, and white/Boston at safety. I think that's better than we have with geritol and decoud and white out wide.

I think it'd be a great idea, I just worry about the nickel in that situation because in our scheme, our nickel is as important as the #2. That said, if this happens, what about the idea of spending the offseason transitioning white to safety (he's a big hard hitter who was a safety in college and considered a tweener in the draft), bene and Norman outside, and white/Boston at safety. I think that's better than we have with geritol and decoud and white out wide.

Nickel CB in today's NFL should be considered a starter.

This. In today's NFL, the nickel package has almost become the base defense. The nickelback usually plays more snaps than our strongside OLB.

Which means if you GM can't even find one CB.....you are screwed.

Bash Captain all you want. In our nickel package he made QBs earn it. Helped pass rush. Now it is a gift, ball out to open guy and pass rush has no shot

Bene is the nickel starter.

Norman is still questionable but I don't mind him being the no2.

We still have to find a legit no1. That will come thru the draft.

If anyone thinks that we'll be fine next year with Norman and Bene, LMFAO! You're a damn fool.

We can be, the key though is improved play at safety.  Harper played some Nakamura/circus style garbage at safety.  Decoud is alright, but not great.  He is what we thought Harper could be, a stopgap.  Boston hasn't been great, but I have seen some decent things from him, I think he has a lot of potential in the NFL.  If (AND THATS A BIG IF!), if, Norman remains solid, Bene continues to improve, and White remains servicable, then IMO, it'll be more important for us to look for a safety in the draft or free agency than a Corner.  did I mention it's only IF all 3 of those things happen.

Archived