• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Norman / Bene next season.

Jeremy Igo

I think Bene makes his way up to starting corner based off his early play. Another offseason under his belt and he is ready.

Pretty solid young duo corners, no?

I agree. Our secondary has the potential to be much better with 1-2 young, solid additions. I believe Bene, Norman and possibly White could be the cornerstones of a very good secondary with more experience. I would like to see us try White at SS/FS where he excelled in college. I just don't think he has the speed @ CB maybe he'd do better at safety IMO.

Bene has been promising, but Norman has just been so up and down throughout his career that I have a hard time trusting him to the point of penciling him in as a starter next season.  If Norman and Bene end up as the starting CBs, that's great, but I hope Gettleman doesn't count on it.

I think Bene is better suited at nickel. Moving Bene to the outside is doing the Captain situation all over again.

Ideally Norman is our #2, Bene stays nickel and we find a #1. Obviously those aren't easy to find or come cheap so that's an issue. Maybe Marcus Peters ends up being BPA when we're picking.

If Norman continues to get better, he will be an elite corner.  I mean how many corners have the stuff to stop the run?  Norman has shown he can do that, and cover like a playmaker.  It's also rare that a player goes from being chastised by coaches (and fans), to having good success.  You want those kinds of players on your team.  It shows you their work ethic.

Archived