• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

interesting little factoid

teeray

Rivera has always run a scheme that's heavily dependent on DL pressure, so not having Greg Hardy has to factor in, as do Johnson's struggles.

Hesitant to say it's just that, though.

I'll say this: There's a lot more involved in being a head coach than being a coordinator.

Which is why Ron Rivera is not head coach material. As a head coach, you have to at least have some idea about the other phases of the game. He has absolutely no clue about the offensive side of the ball, which is why he is better suited to solely be a defensive coordinator. Some coordinators just doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach.

Which is why Ron Rivera is not head coach material. As a head coach, you have to at least have some idea about the other phases of the game. He has absolutely no clue about the offensive side of the ball, which is why he is better suited to solely be a defensive coordinator. Some coordinators just doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach.

Oh, you can get away with being a head coach who's really only an expert in one phase of the game, IF you're also a good enough judge of coaching talent to pick great coordinators to run things in the other phases.

Rivera's coordinator choices include an old college teammate and Mike Shula.

Oh, you can get away with being a head coach who's really only an expert in one phase of the game, IF you're also a good enough judge of coaching talent to pick great coordinators to run things in the other phases.

Rivera's coordinator choices include an old college teammate and Mike Shula.

I can agree with that. However, a head coach should at least know a good amount about all phases of the game so that he can intervene in times like these and switch up the gameplan. And yes, his judgment of coaching talent is susceptible. Hell, his judgment of player talent is starting to become susceptible as well.

I can agree with that. However, a head coach should at least know a good amount about all phases of the game so that he can intervene in times like these and switch up the gameplan. And yes, his judgment of coaching talent is susceptible. Hell, his judgment of player talent is starting to become susceptible as well.

That's one of the reasons why I'm intrigued by the idea of hiring a Special Teams coach like Dave Toub or Brad Seely.  they coach players from every phase of the game.

Archived