• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

interesting little factoid

teeray

I don't want to say it doesn't matter because it do. But good teams compete with them and beat those teams. The Carolina Panthers are far away from being a good team year in and year out. That's because bad coaching and lower tier talent at key positions.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

All 5 of our losses have been to Super Bowl winning QBs.

Gantt just tweeted this. I didn't even realize it.

Shouldn't make you feel any better/worse in my opinion, but interesting nonetheless.

That probably would have made me feel better, if not for a certain context.

Rivera used to be known as one of the best in the league at shutting down great quarterbacks (he pretty much owned Peyton). It's one of the reasons he got the job coaching the Panthers.

Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore :(

We just need a win, and badly. We need some confidence.

We have holes, but we shouldn't be getting blown out. I still believe this team, as constructed, can win games and make the playoffs.

We haven't had a "get right" game all season. There has been no "easy" games since week 1.

A little confidence can go a long way. We just need some wins, even if they are against weaker opponents.

Mr. Scot, do you think it is because Rivera is too soft? I've often wondered if that is the case.

Rivera has always run a scheme that's heavily dependent on DL pressure, so not having Greg Hardy has to factor in, as do Johnson's struggles.

Hesitant to say it's just that, though.

I'll say this: There's a lot more involved in being a head coach than being a coordinator.

I didn't realize that either.

Though under Rivera, we have made backups look like Super Bowl winning quarterbacks as well.

Brady Quinn starting for the Chiefs in 2012?

It's possible that Rivera does his best work against quarterbacks on whom there's a lot of tape but struggles against the lesser known.

Archived