• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Scoring

Jeremy Igo

The Eagles have scored at least 27 points in every home game this season.

The Panthers have allowed an average of 31 points on the road this season.

Question: Is this offense still capable of putting up 30+ points as it did in Cincinnati a month ago? They have only averaged 12 points per game since then.

Eagles will also be without Foles

I'm actually in the camp that Mark Sanchez is not that bad, and the people think he's terrible because ESPN played up the butt fumble way too much. Still, he threw a pick almost immediately after coming in the game yesterday and he's not exactly brimming with confidence. 

I sound like a broken record but it really comes down to how well we pressure him. If we can rattle Sanchez he will take himself out mentally. 

oh you were asking about offense? yea uh run for your life Cam

Sanchez was pretty awful his last years in NY, but Carolina has the 'bad QB voodoo' and will make him look good. Philly will put up at least 21 points and the offense will only have a chance if whoever decided Olsen was no longer worthy of a prominent role changes their mind.

Eagles will also be without Foles

I'm actually in the camp that Mark Sanchez is not that bad, and the people think he's terrible because ESPN played up the butt fumble way too much. Still, he threw a pick almost immediately after coming in the game yesterday and he's not exactly brimming with confidence. 

I sound like a broken record but it really comes down to how well we pressure him. If we can rattle Sanchez he will take himself out mentally. 

oh you were asking about offense? yea uh run for your life Cam

You could put Jimmy C in the Eagles offence and they'll still put up points. Foles ans Sanchez are equally average. Luckily our run D has looked better recently so we may have a little more hope. 

And the Eagles defense is better than New Orleans.  It could get ugly, as have many of our games this year. 

That being said, I do believe that at some point we will turn it around and start playing better.  Rivera's teams have done that in each of the last three seasons.  Last year we did it early enough in the season to make a run.  In the two years previous, we turned it around after the season was pretty much done.   Remains to be seen if we can do it early enough to make a run this year.     But the defense does seem to be playing a little better, so perhaps we can get it going. 

The Cincinnati game is the only game where the panthers have had any success running the ball...although it was with cam. If either Williams or Stewart can get into some sort of grove and get rolling ...we might be able to put up 21+. On a side note..as I was watching the fantasy football ticker at the bottom of the screen yesterday, something jumped out at me. Each of the top 5 rushers this week had over 20 carries a game. When was the last time any ONE player on the panthers had 20 carries in a game...been a while I think.

Sanchez will give us opportunites....but so did Brees. D has to capitalize on those and O has to actually make them pay

Offensively? Well sadly we need garbage Bell back. That's 1. We need good Cam, not bad Cam. That's 2. We need our WRs to catch the TD balls and easy ones. 3. We need Stewart to flat out be our featured RB. That's 4.

We got those 4. Yes

The Cincinnati game is the only game where the panthers have had any success running the ball...although it was with cam. If either Williams or Stewart can get into some sort of grove and get rolling ...we might be able to put up 21+. On a side note..as I was watching the fantasy football ticker at the bottom of the screen yesterday, something jumped out at me. Each of the top 5 rushers this week had over 20 carries a game. When was the last time any ONE player on the panthers had 20 carries in a game...been a while I think.

Fwiw, Stewart has been running the ball well the last couple of games.  He just hasn't had many carries. 

Archived