• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SNF: Baltimore Ravens (5-3) at Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3)

gettlemanjack

due to a shoulder injury then illness, Steelers rookie mid-4th R pick WR Martavis Bryant (6-4, 4.41 forty) has only played in 3 NFL games (the last 3), and only been targeted 17 times this season... and he has 5 TD receptions...including 1 in each of the last 3 games and 2 in each of the last two games

HOU

35 yd TD

INT

5 yd TD

2 yd TD

BAL

19 yd YD

18 yd TD

Other than Antonio Brown, Byrant is the only Steeler with more than 2 TD catches

Steelers have done a great job of surrounding Ben with talented, young weapons:

Steelers Receiving Yards Per Game

110.7 - WR A. Brown, age 26

55.7 WR Byrant, age 23 - (4th R, 2014)

43.9 - WR Wheaton, age 23 - (3rd R, 2013)

15.7 - WR J. Brown, age 23 - (6th R, 2013)

-----------------

48.1 - RB Bell, age 22 - (2nd R, 2013)

44.6 - TE Miller, age 32

16.1 WR Moore, age 31

Steelers Rushing Yards Per Game

79.0 - RB Bell, age 22 - (2nd R, 2013)

29.6 - RB Blount, age 28

5.9 - RB Dri Archer, age 23 - (3rd R, 2014)

(note: although Dri Archer is averaging 5.1 ypc, they are having him focus on kickoff returns this season)

Jon Gruden @ Faux_Gruden 17h

That shot to the jaw that Big Ben took looked like it hurt man. Jaws is one of my favorite movies ever. Sharks are pretty wild man I love it

Jon Gruden @ Faux_Gruden 15h

The Steelers are red hot right now man. The melting point of steel is 2,718 °F. They better watch out or they're going to melt man

Jon Gruden @ Faux_Gruden 19h

I love when Gronk spikes the ball man. I used to have a dog

named Spike when I was a kid. He played fetch like no other. I miss that dog man

Jon Gruden @ Faux_Gruden 17h

Show me a movie with nothing but football teams running

Spider 2 Y Banana, and I'll show you the greatest movie of all time man

Jon Gruden @ Faux_Gruden 3d

Man, I had a trick or treater come to my house in a Spider 2 Y Banana costume. I gave him all the candy in my bowl man. Best costume ever

Jon Gruden @ Faux_Gruden 4d

Man, the Saints run Freezer Burn X 45 Tommy Pickles like no other team. I could watch them run that play for 24 straight hours man

Jon Gruden @ Faux_Gruden 27 Oct

Man, if Jimmy Graham ever came out with some Jimmy

Graham Crackers, that would be wild. I'd use them to make

S'mores man. I love campfires

Jon Gruden @ Faux_Gruden 26 Oct

Man wouldn't it be wild if an actual eagle was a Cardinals

fan, or an actual cardinal was an Eagles fan. That would just blow my mind man

B0U1TNAIUAARBYP.jpg

One of the game-used balls from Big Ben's 500-yard Sunday against the Colts has been added to the display collection at the NFL Hall of Fame

Against Indianapolis, Roethlisberger became the first player in

NFL history to throw for 500-yards twice in a career. Here's a look at the ball (top) and where it sits in the Pro Football Today display (bottom, right, next to the ball from the 700th Monday Night Football game).

BENBALL.jpg

BENBALL2.jpg

USA Today:

According to ESPN Fantasy‘s Tristan Cockroft, who apparently has impressively calculated fantasy football stats from decades before there was ever fantasy football, Roethlisberger’s past two games gave him the highest back-to-back scoring performance ever for a fantasy quarterback. Using their scoring system, Roethlisberger’s combined outings were worth 79 points to owners over the past two weeks, surpassing Michael Vick’s 74 point showing in Weeks 9 and 10 of the 2010 season and Tom Brady’s 73 points put up during his 11 touchdown combo in 2007.

XN Sports:

Ben Roethlisberger, over his downright silly two-game, 12-touchdown stretch, has posted 0.96 fantasy points per attempt (FPAT). That’s ludicrous. It’s ungodly, unholy, unmentionable in mixed company. My eyes bulge when I see a quarterback is notching 0.50 FPAT. Peyton usually posts something around a 0.60 FPAT. Nearly one fantasy point per attempt? It’s ridiculous on every level.

• 1 month later...

Archived