• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teal over Godfrey?

SCpanther

Oh yes shame on us for saying a player who had never seen a snap in a game for us was expendable.

You have to remember also this guy wasn't in our training camp at all last year and even then he never dressed for a game. Didn't join us till after the last cuts so he didn't get to impress and progress in our system. Now he has the chance and he is taken advantage. "Please Sir can I have some more Teal?"

Um, what?

Check this link:

Quinton Teal

He's played in 28 games for Carolina over 2 seasons, and was signed as an undrafted free agent on 05/04/07. He's mostly played on special teams, but he's seen some time at safety as well.

I think having two young players like godfrey and marshall on the same side is a bad idea, but I think they will develop into a nice duo. You have to remember that marshall is getting used to a new position and godfrey is getting used to a new player in Lucas' spot. I say let them start together throughout the preseason and see how they develop before any decision is made. I saw them both make mistakes monday, but that is what the preseason is for, to see what works and what doesn't

I really think they should consider it if Teal continues to impress. Nothing against Godfrey, because he was decent for a rookie safety. Teal just seems to be more of a play maker. I'd like to see him get some time with the ones this preseason.

Teal Played mostly with 2nd and 3rd teamers. So I say No

Davis at Safety...

Exactly. I know they draft BPA, but damn! If someone is on the board that is already good at their position, draft him and develop him to be better! Do Fox and Hurney think our coaches are so bad that they can't develop any one and instead have to rely heavily on the talent of the individual player himself?

I still dont understand why we pick a player that played a certain position in college then we move him. Back to back drafts, we draft a CB to be a FS and a FS to be a CB. Wtf!

The same way a Big LB can be turned into a DE or a small DE into a 3/4 outside Lb or a skinny DT into a 3/4 DE.

Bobby Bowden started doing this a FSU. Taking big safety like Derrick brookes and making them LB's.

I still dont understand why we pick a player that played a certain position in college then we move him. Back to back drafts, we draft a CB to be a FS and a FS to be a CB. Wtf!

Because some players don't translate to the same position and are better equipped for another.

Teal was playing against second and third stringers, this was one preseason game. Why are fans so fuging hasty? Damn one preseason game and people need to be benched after starting an entire season.

Teal picked off a third string QB staring down a receiver and throwing against the grain. That is an easy play, it doesn't make him Ed Reed. I do love how his 28 games were rationalized to seem like he has had playing time. He has 25 tackles in those 28 games from special teams and one start.

Save the "bench ________" threads for when they are actually playing real games. This is preaseason, to say that starters are playing all out is crazy.

Peppers didn't do anything, lets bench him.

Because some players don't translate to the same position and are better equipped for another.

Teal was playing against second and third stringers, this was one preseason game. Why are fans so f**king hasty? Damn one preseason game and people need to be benched after starting an entire season.

Teal picked off a third string QB staring down a receiver and throwing against the grain. That is an easy play, it doesn't make him Ed Reed. I do love how his 28 games were rationalized to seem like he has had playing time. He has 25 tackles in those 28 games from special teams and one start.

Save the "bench ________" threads for when they are actually playing real games. This is preaseason, to say that starters are playing all out is crazy.

Peppers didn't do anything, lets bench him.[/quote/]

Best in show.

Archived