• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teal over Godfrey?

SCpanther

I think it should be an open competition. But I doubt it will be. Godfrey wasn't impressive last year. Last night, he again appeared to be the weakest of a weak bunch. Godfrey seems more like a CB than a S....maybe Fox made in error there.

To be completely honest with you, when I made the Cherry thread, Teal came in my mind and I forgot about him

Me personally, I definitely liked what I saw. He has speed and instincts. I liked the pick, and the blitz. Good thread, definitely would like to know what others thought too

I'm iffy on Godfrey, I haven't seen much from him. Haven't heard much about him in camp either. Not a good sign

I'm a big Teal fan that doesnt understand why people say he sucks and should be cut, but I don't think we should go that far yet. Godfrey was pretty darn good early on last year. He defintly helped win that Cardinal game last year on that special team save.

Perhaps you guys are right. Every offseason, some players take steps back while others take steps forward. But I have to think Fox gives Godfrey at least another year to really learn the position.

With little pressure from the defensive line as a whole, it's tough to really envision who is going to step up in the secondary. Teal was about the only bright spot of the bunch last night, and that's saying something when Harris and Gamble are out there. I didn't get to watch the game as closely as I wanted due to a family issue: was Godfrey with the ones? Did he play more than a few series?

Archived