• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A little love for Colin Jones

Jeremy Igo

Colin Jones and Josh Norman have made the difference in the secondary as of late.

They say Jones is actually the fastest player on the team, and it showed last night. He needs more snaps over Harper with Boston roaming.

At this point the Panthers would be wise to get the speedy young guys experience over the dreadfully slow veterans who have their careers in the rear view for the most part.

gallery_1_10_5637.jpg

gallery_1_10_110325.jpg

I like what I saw from Jones and Boston, they were blitzing with purpose and playing the run and underneath routes well. Outside of that pass to Graham where Boston was iso'd and the top with arguably the fastest/ most athletic TE in the game he played well. You've gotta put help over the top of your rookie safety in that situation. 

Which is why he needs more reps now, in a season that really no longer matters.

Next year we may be in contention again.

Exactly.  We're a hot mess right now.  It's pretty obvious we're going to limp through the remainder of the season, so it makes perfect sense to get those guys the most valuable reps they can... which is in the game.

We got to Brees a lot last night.  I would say the defense put out a good show last night, but that offense discouraged them.  We pretty much have to get turnovers, and score with them or else, turnovers don't mean squat.  Shame on this coaching staff, shame!

Archived