• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Gamble what were you thinking

ncguy2184

Godfrey looked to be more concerned with stripping the ball inside the 10 yard line than trying to make a tackle. The Giants had an excellent play call and execution against the front seven on that play, they all got whooped before it made it into the secondary. It was a cross block/trap that took out the OLB responsible for that gap.

Meeks has been preaching his ball stripping. It didn't seem to work too well in the game, and I think he has some re-teaching to do about going for the tackle first when a play nears the goal line. If you watch the replay, Godfrey goes for a half strip/half tackle, Gamble is coming off a block trying to make a diving tackle and gets trucked and then Harris is coming up with body language to go for another strip at the 2 yard line. Once Gamble misses, you can see Harris go into "pure tackle" mode, but it is too late and he doesn't even touch him until he's in the end zone. If he's teaching them to strip instead of tackle at the two yard line it's inexcusable in my book, but I think it's just a case of players learning a new system. Still, I think it would be understood that the priority should shift to stopping the runner first as a player approaches the end zone.

Godfrey was just sucking....nothing more...just like the play right before it. Everyone says Meekis preaching basics and that is what he is all about....well Carolina showed none of that so maybe he isn't as about that as people want to believe. There was a lot of Trgo ball being played last night also.....or Fox ball as the reality of it is.

Also, fans can't use the new system arguement for all the problems Carolina showed last night. Most of it was basic football, being physical and having the right type players to run Fox's defense......we didn't do those things and we don't have the players to run what Fox wants. imo.

Gamble was pretty much blocked out of that play by one of our own players and managed to get over to make an attempt albeit in the air where he got run through. I couldn't see who it was, but it looked like it might have been Pep. You guys have spent so much time trashing Lucas and Marshall for the last couple of years and saying how well Gamble has played. But he gets beat out in the first pre-season game when he was blocked by his own player and he's a bum all the sudden... :lol:

Gamble was pretty much blocked out of that play by one of our own players and managed to get over to make an attempt albeit in the air where he got run through. I couldn't see who it was, but it looked like it might have been Pep. You guys have spent so much time trashing Lucas and Marshall for the last couple of years and saying how well Gamble has played. But he gets beat out in the first pre-season game when he was blocked by his own player and he's a bum all the sudden... :lol:

Gamble has never lived up to the hype of some of those in the fanbase.

I was upset with the tackling on that play as well but when I looked at the game again this afternoon it was obvious that Gamble was trying to hope over the wide receiver who was blocking him as Bradshaw came by full speed. Gamble never had a chance. I've seen Beason, Peppers, and even the great and powerful Brian Urlacher (sarcasm) get ran over way worse! Speaking of Peppers I'm more concerned as to why he was getting one on one blocked by a freakin tight end on a few plays and was pretty much invisible. Thats what you should be upset about.

What part of a 20-25 yard run, do you people not get? Is that not enough time(if you are paying attention to the play) for Gamble to realize what is going on, and be free and clear to make a tackle???????????

I mean by golly......to be sure he had enough time to realize it wasn't a pass play, and get to the ball, UP FIELD, and not stand back there and dance with someone.

Geeeeeezzzzzzz. :svengo:

BULLSHIT! Quit making excuses....he got trucked, I said it last night, and I'll say it till the day I die.

I don't care if he just came out of the little boy's room, pulling his drawers up.....he got trucked. You play football, I don't wanna hear this "he wasn't set" crap!!!

Bradshaw was 20 yards away when the play began....so if he couldn't prepare by then......I mean really...come on. Was off balance, wasn't ready????

Neither was I then if that's the case.

:ihih:

This..please people stop with the excuses..it looked like barber buring the MNF game last year

Archived