• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tempo

Jeremy Igo

The truth is that if the coaches haven't been able to see this as of yet, they're never going to. They're refusing to adjust out of sheer stubbornness or stupidity. Not sure which one. Either reason is unacceptable. Sad that the average person on the huddle would do a better job adjusting the offense.

Because to them it's always execution. It's he didn't make the right throw, the WR dropped the ball, missed an assignment. They don't think anything is wrong in the scheme.

I know this isn't what Jeremy meant by tempo, but I wish they would let Cam wear a wristband with the plays. Seems like I remember the coaches saying that Cam would have a better understanding of the offense if he didn't wear one. I think being able to get the play call in quicker would give them more flexibility at the LOS.

The kinda offense we run is a big reason Chud isnt here anymore. Chud was all about picking apart defenses and scoring as many points as possible. That didnt sit well with Rivera who likes ball control, time possession and keeping the defense fresh. Basically John Fox ball, Rivera doesnt care about the offense and the philosophy he has is a big reason why he shouldnt be a head coach.

True but I guess you could also say that we won when we had a offense that ran the ball and didn't turn the ball over. Ball control and dominating time of possession helps keep the defense fresh and opposing defenses gassed.

Did you hear BOA stadium changed their address from being located at "mint and morehead" to their new permanent address at the corner of "3rd and Long" Shula and his dumbass play calling have cost us the 2014 season. Unfortunately we are not as good as we hoped we would be this season. However, I don't think for one minute we are as bad as we look. Shula has not clue how to use cam, he has no clue how to tweak the offense to compensate for our weak OL. After saying all of that, is it really Shula we should blame? No, it's the dumbasses that promoted him in the first place that I blame. Shula is simply being Shula....ask Tampa, ask Alabama.

I think you have to look at last year's coaching success as an anomaly. Ron was coaching for his job, the offense took more risks by design, and the whole team responded/rallied to the situation and caught fire.

The mask is off Shula's crappy play calling now, but he is just a byproduct of RR's system. It will be interesting to see if any coaching changes are forced on Rivera after the season, but we definitely need a strong offensive OC if Ron is our HC (which he will be, for better or worse).

I've said it time and time again.  In order to get Riverboat back... Ron Rivera's job has to be on the line

Archived