• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is going on? Cam's QB rating keeps getting worse this season: 100.2, 98.5, 94.9, 84.8, 85.8, 72.6, 61.0, 45.2 (tonight)

gettlemanjack

what makes it frustrating multiple times over is that

coming into tonite, the Saints D was:

#26 scoring D (26.9)

#28 total D (390.4 yds)

#20 rushing TDs allowed

#21 in sacks (13)

#21 in 3rd down pct D (43.7%)

#22 in 1st downs given up to passes

#24 completion pct allowed (66.3%)

#25 pass efficiency D (99.0 rating allowed)

#30 yards per pass allowed

#31 pass D, ypg allowed (289.3)

and coming into last week, the Seahawks D was:

103.9 QB rating allowed (5th-worst in NFL)

68.3% completion pct allowed (4th-worst in NFL)

47.0% 3rd down conversion allowed (6th-worst in NFL)

7.0 sacks (3rd worst in NFL)

Yep, if you can't perform against the scrubs who are you going to perform against?

Maybe not every game but tonight was more about Cam Newton failing then anyone else.

I more and more get the feeling that when all poo goes south, which it has with the O-line, Shula and the WR Cam put it on himself and forces things.

So Cam takes the crap Shula gives him and tries to make up for Shula etc by pressing and thus playing even worse. 

The more crap Shula serve the more Cam put it on himself. And this is what we see now.

Announcers said Payton was licking his chops and was very confident. Our coaches coach to not lose. No balls. No creativity. I'd trade for Chud and at least be entertained.

Shula has shown he does not have the creativity to run an NFL offense. Is Dan Henning still kicking, damn, what's Davidson doing?

i would love to see rivera holding a play sheet,

SMH.... oh brother

"You'll find they play the position much better with half the talent of your beloved Cam Newton"

either you are saying Cam is talented and needs to make better decisions... and i agree.

or you are saying there are teams with more talent and i will disagree... we are the least talented team other than QB and middle LB in the league

the first one. English is hard

Cam has all the talent in the world he just doesn't play QB at the highest level all of the time.

But don't be so down. There is a lot of talent on the team. A yyung great DL unit. A developing secondary that could either emerge to starting level quality or be good package backs. And one of the most underrated TE's in the game.

All comes down on Shula. As teams get film, his long-developing, vanilla offense is getting more and more exposed. Not to mention the OL and RB injuries.

Cam had a pretty bad game tonight, but the one great drive we had? When Cam was allowed to audible and do his own thing. Maybe he always has the ability to and never does, or maybe, just for that 2nd half opening series he was allowed to, whatever the case, we need more of it. Also, more quick hitting routes. Something that needs to be repped and a part of the weekly gameplan. These 7 step drops are killing Cam right now because teams can sit back in zone and just wait for the OL to collapse. Nobody is open. Fans yell for him to get rid of the ball quicker, but when every route is a 10-15 yard dig or a post or a flag route, it's kinda hard to. He needs the slants, the quick hooks, the in-and-out routes 3 yards from the LOS. He needs the rollout and dump it 5-8 yards plays. These are the things that get him going.

Cam looked worse in his passing as the game went along, and I attribute it mostly to not letting him get a rhythm. I get you gotta take your deep shots, but EVERY PASS does not need to be a medium to long throw. You can throw it behind the sticks and get YAC. Worse case, it's as good as a run. If you let Cam get in a rhythm, he's more accurate. We have seen it all year and it's not just a Cam thing. It's a QB thing. He's still young. He can't just go out and, no matter the circumstances, hit every route perfectly. He's not Peyton. He's a different type of QB and that is fine. He just needs an offense that compliments and caters to what he needs and what he does. Shula is not giving him that, at least not consistently, and that is the problem.

Tank you for posting this. That was dead on. Im not the only one seeing it.

I more and more get the feeling that when all poo goes south, which it has with the O-line, Shula and the WR Cam put it on himself and forces things.

So Cam takes the crap Shula gives him and tries to make up for Shula etc by pressing and thus playing even worse.

The more crap Shula serve the more Cam put it on himself. And this is what we see now.

I think its a lack of coaching ability on Cam. I think he is a hard guy to coach from what I've seen, mostly portrayals because of the media spin, but I don't know that many OC's and QB coaches could work with him.

That leaves one option. And entire offense built around him. A lot of risk. He is an up and down QB. He is flashy at times. His HC is on the hot seat and likely can't attract top tier coordinators and coaching staff and even then the FO is in hot water too.

To get an offense around what could be a free agent QB in this organization with this set up. It'd be hard to do. But I understand your point just feel there is a lot to this full picture most don't see.

People just want to jump on Cam when the team sucks. People want to jump on Cam every chance they get so when they doubted him pre-2011 of not being a good pro QB they look good, and like they were right. 

You morons are wrong. People need to be feeling sorry for Cam it is sad. Sad you have a QB so talented but everything around him sucks and wont make big plays when big plays are needed. 

Rivera better damn well sit in the offensive meeting room. Why you didn't hire Jackson I don't know! Shula can't fix this! The riverboat is sinking fast! Trade for your old OC players be damned! The guy new blocking schemes, knew how to use Cam, and had total control of that offense. Pray that he would take the job!

Apathy will be setting in soon. Fuggin do something! Shula cannot fix this!

No, I'm not overreacting! The Panthers are underreacting

Sorry everybody. Just mad as hell

Archived