• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake Delhomme.....

AKPantherFan

it was funny to me how so many people were raving about this new QB coach geting jake back the fundamentals..and the what does he do...overthrow WR and fumbles..lol

That fumble wasn't Jakes fault, he was getting pressure up the middle and tried to get rid of it. Osi just blew by Gross and blindsided Jake, blame Gross if anyone.

Not a lot of deep to intermediate patterns until late in the game. A lot of the throws Jake made were quick passes and dumpoffs. Which is something you guys should want considering that's what he should have done a lot of times against Arizona. meh, I'd give him a couple more games. Our first string oline did a pretty good job though. All our QBs were moving in the pocket well too. If you noticed, ALL of them stepped up in the pocket. They just have to work on getting the ball out faster when they do so.. Some of the fumbles happened when they were stepping and didn't get the ball out on time.

Everyone seems to think that Jake played like a pro bowler all season and had one bad game to end it. Jake had 4 REALLY bad games last year.

1. Minnesota - 3 Fumbles, 0 TD, Under 200 yds passing

2. Tampa 1 - 3 INT, 0 TD

3. Oakland - 4 INT, 72 yds passing...72!

4. The infamous Arizona playoff game

25% of the time, he came out and did not do his job. This is not an off year, but the norm. We've been listening to him give post game speeches about how bad he feels about 'coming out and laying an egg' for years. Yes he has a lot of passion, yes he tries hard. 25% failure rate is just not acceptable for a backup, much less a starter who lots of people like to say is a top 10 QB. I was, and still am, very hopeful that we finally have a QB coach that can get him on track. I'll give him a pass during preseason as he 'works on his fundamentals,' which I will agree can make you think too much and throw you off your game. He has a lot to prove, though, once the games start to count. I'll take him as a backup, but I get really nervous when we get behind and put the game on his shoulders. He's just not a reliable starting QB. Sorry, but his history proves it. This is not Jake bashing, it's hoping the Panthers find a way win decisively and consistently. That will not happen with Jake we know at QB.

Everyone seems to think that Jake played like a pro bowler all season and had one bad game to end it. Jake had 4 REALLY bad games last year.

1. Minnesota - 3 Fumbles, 0 TD, Under 200 yds passing

2. Tampa 1 - 3 INT, 0 TD

3. Oakland - 4 INT, 72 yds passing...72!

4. The infamous Arizona playoff game

25% of the time, he came out and did not do his job. This is not an off year, but the norm. We've been listening to him give post game speeches about how bad he feels about 'coming out and laying an egg' for years. Yes he has a lot of passion, yes he tries hard. 25% failure rate is just not acceptable for a backup, much less a starter who lots of people like to say is a top 10 QB. I was, and still am, very hopeful that we finally have a QB coach that can get him on track. I'll give him a pass during preseason as he 'works on his fundamentals,' which I will agree can make you think too much and throw you off your game. He has a lot to prove, though, once the games start to count. I'll take him as a backup, but I get really nervous when we get behind and put the game on his shoulders. He's just not a reliable starting QB. Sorry, but his history proves it. This is not Jake bashing, it's hoping the Panthers find a way win decisively and consistently. That will not happen with Jake we know at QB.

It's actually 23.5%, since they played 17 games, not 16.:D

Archived