• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cantwell...

The Link

You guys act like you never seen a practice game before.....Im glad you guys arent the coaches.lol

Seriously we just played one of the best D's in the league and we went in with a basic O and a basic D the Giants where trying to destroy us yet we just hummed along and almost won the darn game... The QB situation is not as bad as it looked, trust me.

You guys act like you never seen a practice game before.....Im glad you guys arent the coaches.lol

Seriously we just played one of the best D's in the league and we went in with a basic O and a basic D the Giants where trying to destroy us yet we just hummed along and almost won the darn game... The QB situation is not as bad as it looked, trust me.

I have my concerns, there's no doubt (namely DT).. however, this is something everyone should recognize if they don't or give more credit to it if you are under estimating this fact.

And to the related topic, I thought I heard reports of Cantwell having the least velocity on his throws than the rest of the QBs... then I saw him throw that laser that would have been intercepted had he no arm...

He has that internal clock that tells him to take off and pick up 20 yds unlike the rest of the QB crew including Delhomme who all just stand backk there waiting to be sacked and usually fumbling in the process.

pretty odd comment, considering he stayed too long in the pocket, got the ball stripped from him, and lost us the 'meaningless' game.

pretty odd comment, considering he stayed too long in the pocket, got the ball stripped from him, and lost us the 'meaningless' game.

In all fairness though, every QB that played last night fumbled the exact same way. So with everything being even, Cantwell did show the most pocket presence out of all of them and even had that long scramble despite the fact he runs like a slug.

They were taking advantage of our tight ends all night, apparently as seen from the many replays they showed of defensive ends walking around our TEs. King is a pretty solid blocker, and he doesn't give up blocks that easily. Was Rosario the one that kept f**king up on blocks? I saw a couple of replays where 88 got pushed around like a bitch, and I'd hate to think that our tight end blocking is weak though.

They were taking advantage of our tight ends all night, apparently as seen from the many replays they showed of defensive ends walking around our TEs. King is a pretty solid blocker, and he doesn't give up blocks that easily. Was Rosario the one that kept f**king up on blocks? I saw a couple of replays where 88 got pushed around like a bitch, and I'd hate to think that our tight end blocking is weak though.

I didn't really pay attention to who their DEs were abusing, but it was obvious all the pressure was coming from the edges... I'd like to think the TEs could've at least chipped them and released for a pass. So, either the responsibility falls on the TEs or the TEs and QBs for not hitting the hot read.

The first three passes Cantwell threw would have been picked off by a first team defense. Especially the first two.

I will not discount what he did on the drive to tie the game, as they were all decisive and correct reads, but the rest of his body of work was just as weak as the rest of the QBs on the roster.

Garbage time is garbage time.

The real story of the game was Goodson, IMO. He proved the scouts right that said we have to find a way to get the ball in his hands. He can scoot.

It didn't really help our QBs that Clint Sintim was on the field for majority of the game. In fact the giants DTs and DEs were all getting severe pressure. So I wouldn't really judge the QBs just yet.

And yeah, Rosario is probably the worse blocker on the team. He's whiffed on so many blocks it's not even funny. The sad thing is he's got all the physical tools.

Not a big fan of Moore, but he really didn't have much to work with, either. Wasn't he backed up twice right against the goal line?

My big problem with him is he seems like he has a noodle arm. No heat whatsoever on his passes.

These kind of comments make me wonder what guy you are watching...Yes he was backed up along the goal line a lot and didn't really get good play calls to show off the passing game but the arm thing? Comon man. Don't you remember Fox calling a timeout to get Moore in the game to throw the hail mary because he was the guy with the big arm...traveled somewhere around 70-75yds in the air.

I've seen all these guys in practice and Moore has a laser. Cantwell also has a good arm but from what I remember he had a long, slow delivery.

These kind of comments make me wonder what guy you are watching...Yes he was backed up along the goal line a lot and didn't really get good play calls to show off the passing game but the arm thing? Comon man. Don't you remember Fox calling a timeout to get Moore in the game to throw the hail mary because he was the guy with the big arm...traveled somewhere around 70-75yds in the air.

I've seen all these guys in practice and Moore has a laser. Cantwell also has a good arm but from what I remember he had a long, slow delivery.

Just about every deep pass the guy threw looked like he shot-put the thing.

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Moore is not improving at all. He plays like he did two years ago. If he HAD been improving, then he would be ready to take over and by now he should be. But I've been less than impressed with him after such high hopes. He is the waste of a roster spot IMO.

You know, it first struck me that Moore may not have the dedication necessary to develop into a solid starter when I watched Fox Got Game one Sunday after the team was well into the conditioning program. They asked him what he had been doing, and he said that he would get in early and lift some weights and jog a little, then get out by 10:00am or so and still have the rest of the day to hang out or whatever. They also asked him what he had been doing since the season ended, and he talked about some random things he's been up to, but nothing having to do with football.

The thing that was a bit of a red flag for me was that he never said one word about doing anything to try and improve his game. It sounded almost like he was satisfied with his place on the team, and was a bit nonchalant about it. I never saw the hunger (in this and other interviews I have seen from him) that the truly dedicated players have to become the best they can be. Most of the top guys work their butts off in order to improve their games and improve upon their deficiencies...even during the off-season. But with Moore, I never saw any sign that he has any desire to put in the extra work and sacrifice necessary to become more than what he is.

Now, to be fair, he could very well be doing a lot of things he doesn't talk about, but you would think if that were the case, we would see more improvement than he has shown thus far in his career. I really hope my impressions are wrong, and he is working hard to get better and develop into our future starter, but at this point, I just don't have a lot of confidence in that.

Archived