• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cantwell...

The Link

McCown looked pretty awful, and Moore had a great opportunity to come in and prove why he should be 2nd string. Too bad he looked pretty bad too. If this Cantwell guy can show the he has potential, and Moore keeps playing like he did against NY... there's really no reason to keep Moore anymore. It's about time for him to show up and take the #2. If he can't do that this season, he's a waste of a roster spot.

Thought McCown looked good until that first INT. Then he fell apart. He looked like someone shot his puppy. I thought Matt Moore was Jake's heir that first season, but the more I've seen of him, the more unimpressed I've become. Jake, McClown, and Moore all looked indecisive and inaccurate.

Cantwell on the other hand, has a HUGE arm, and appeared to be the only QB on our roster that read a defense and found the open man. He recognized hot reads when blitzed and everything. Of course, you expect more defensive breakdowns by their scrubs but Cantwell stood out. I would love to see what he can do with the 2nd stringers. If we had to choose from what we have today, Jake will obviously be the starter, and then I'd like to keep Cantwell and Moore.

I thought Matt Moore was Jake's heir that first season, but the more I've seen of him, the more unimpressed I've become.

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Moore is not improving at all. He plays like he did two years ago. If he HAD been improving, then he would be ready to take over and by now he should be. But I've been less than impressed with him after such high hopes. He is the waste of a roster spot IMO.

Not a big fan of Moore, but he really didn't have much to work with, either. Wasn't he backed up twice right against the goal line?

My big problem with him is he seems like he has a noodle arm. No heat whatsoever on his passes.

This is Moore's 3rd year and though he had a bad pre-season last year, he also had an injury that affected him most of the year. He gets one more, but if Cantwell keeps playing throughout the pre like he did last night, it makes that decision more difficult...

Archived