• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cantwell...

The Link

At least he has more potential than Basanez or Lefors. Much better arm as well.

while that's true, it's still not saying much. i'm eager to see him play again. we ought to stash him on the PT if we can. mcgown looked awful.

the arm strength was impressive.

He looked really bad, then really good, then really bad. In other words, he'd be great on the PS.

I'd like to see Moore at the #2.

I didn't think Cantwell looked bad at all. McCown was the one who stunk it up.

I agree with you that Moore should be #2.

Having lived in louisville most of my life and being a huge cards fan (Louisville not Arizona) I got to see this kid play his career out. He has all the fundamentals you need in a qb. He was a leader at U of L and as we saw last night has a hell of an arm! He was phenominal as a replacement for Brohm when he went down a couple season ago and fit in beautifuly. Before the season started and Louisville was expected to contend he was projected a mid 3rd late 4th round pick. That didn't happen. He was pretty bad this season but that's not all atributed to him. There were lots of injuries including our only returning reciever Scott Long (a Panthers fan too.)

He had his moments that could be expected in the first season as a starter but my one glaring concern with him was his inability to control his arm... Yeah, strange as that sounds he'd have a receiver coming underneath on a crossing route and he would just rifle it like he was Brett Favre or some poo. Everything he threw had a little extra umph to it which led to a lot of the young receivers having it bounce off their hands, helmets, shoulder pads for picks to linebackers and safety. My only other problem was that he had somewhat questionable decision making at times. I didn't see that last night which impressed me. He has great vision too as we saw when he ran the ball for 20 yards. Last year he would have thrown it into triple coverage...

In short, he looked really good last night. I'd love to see us keep him after all he did for U of L but I just don't think it would happen. And if we did it probably be the end of Moore. I can't remember Fox going with 4 qbs in a while but if he were to get a chance due to a surprise cut (Rosairo I'm lookin at you!!!!) it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm tellin you, give that boy some weapons around him like he had back in the ville before his senior year and you're lookin at a really good quarterback.

There... end rant. lol, didn't mean to carry on like that :P

Archived