• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The First 4 Games...

firstdayfan

I'm not freaking out but the fact that we got ran over last night made me take a glance at the first four games of the season. First we play Philly who doesn't like to run the ball up the middle but has the backs to do so. Then we play Atlanta and we all know what Michael Turner is capable of. Next we play Dallas who has a three headed monster in Barber, Jones, and Choice. Then comes our bye week, which leads us to a run heavy Washington team that has clinton portis.

I guess my point is that we have to get someone in here NOW. They can't afford to wait until cuts to get someone. They need time to gell and learn the defense, we have to make a trade or do something. This first four games will be really bad if we go into the season with the DT's that we have or some guy we picked up after cuts. I think the tackling will get better and the offense will be much sharper come regular season. But having that hole at DT will have a domino effect on the team. IF opponents can run the ball then the linebackers can't be effective and they can dictate the pace of the game. If we get behind in games because of this then Jake will have to throw the ball more, and no one wants that.

Archived