• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Was at the Game last night..Some Thoughts..

DelhommesTheMan

It was refreshing having football start. As much as its still baseball season for me ( Yankees! ) , i loved seeing the guys out there. Well that was until the game started. Since it was preseason i wasen't very emotionally charged and i was able to sit back and observe. Giant fans were pretty pumped up and actually getting loud at some times so that was good practice, especially for McCown who failed miserably. Anyway on to my observations...

The run stopping D which is FOx's MO is nowhere to be found. Jacobs had a few decent runs, but as usual its the Warrick Dunn scat back types like Bradshaw who kill us. Worst tackling ive ever seen, trying to grab with one hand instead of wrapping up, are you serious Meeks, i would be all over these guys this week. Beason was flying around and looked good, also Dan Conner, wow is this kid gonna be a player, i like him A LOT! He was all over the field...=

If any of these Jason David rumors have legs, im might actually be all for it. Our CB's behind Gamble and Marshall looked plain bad. CJ Wilson was horendous, and shouldnt even have a job in the NFL. It's like giving up, putting him in the game. I didnt even see Sherod Martin, but i saw Captain. Lots of praise for this guy from people at camp. I was not impressed. He's very small, and cant get good positioning in the field. We need some help unless Wesley steps it up and can be our nickle guy. This was against inexperienced, WR's that the G-Men were just putting together.

Special Teams was ok except for a nice return by Sinorice Moss for some great field position. I still feel like every Baker punt is about to be blocked...and one almost did!

The lone bright spot was Deangelo, the guy was a monster. He looked to have great vision, making cutbacks, getting atleast 4-6 yards a carry. He did go out of bounds on the one breakout run where if it was regular season he could have took that to the house. Jake was exactly what i expected. He found a wide open WR ( not sure who it was ) way down the field and overthrew it. He did hit Barnidge for 2 nice plays, which is nice to see the TE getting involved, and he;s almost locked up the #1 TE spot from what i can tell. Goodsen has speed, but running him up the middle is almost a waste of a play. This kid has to only go outside or its pointless. He's also got a case of the fumbilitis. A hard ahbit to break, but its possible.. McCown was terrible, and Moore was so so, hopefully he gets a shot with the second team next week.

Thats the most of what i saw...hope it adds a little insight that maybe you couldnt get from TV. Great game, i stayed until the end, the walk off TD lol. I was really hoping we would get in position for Llyod to kick a 65 yarder just for shits and giggles...Bring on the Fins'

Embarrassing game on D, we need a couple new Defensive Tackles. I feel like we are good at DE, LB, CB and Safety just not at DT. In my opinion though the secondary is not spectacular but should be great if we get some pressure and stop the run. On offense we just really need a receiver to emerge and become an actual threat to a team. Jake is Jake, I like him. We got some good players and should do a good job this season. One player does not make a team but dammit we need a DT or else we are just going to get ran on all day.

Archived