• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential OC Candidates

MedellinHeel

I was looking around for info on coaching contracts and came across this:

Many coaching contracts allow the termination of the coach with little notice and without specific cause, usually in the case of high-profile coaches with the payment of a financial settlement. Coaching is a very fickle profession, and a reversal of the team's fortune often finds last year's "Coach of the Year" to be seeking employment in the next. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Coaches_Association

If we were going to fire Shula mid-season (and I think we should) then Chud would be your best bet as he's already been here and the players are familiar with him. Give him the rest of season to prove he can turn things around. If he does, sign him long-term and if he can't you can still hire someone else in the offseason.

If we were going to fire Shula mid-season (and I think we should) then Chud would be your best bet as he's already been here and the players are familiar with him. Give him the rest of season to prove he can turn things around. If he does, sign him long-term and if he can't you can still hire someone else in the offseason.

Alot of players were vocal when he left with a sigh of relief. He may have burned his bridges here while as a OC.

The only realistic thing that would happen this year would be someone being promoted within as a stop gap or a prove it kinda deal. No coach out there right now that isnt employeed will go to a team at the halg way point and sign a contract to coach.

If that OC that we promote within thr seaso doesnt do well then we would hire someone else after thr season is done

Chudzinski is under contract with the Colts. Doubt they'd just let him go.

If Shula were fired, they'd most likely promote from within.

And yeah, Chud's reportedly not a very popular guy among the players.

Would much prefer a proven OC (ideally a HC who got fired that got promoted on his offensive playcalling)

Getting the band back together with veteran Cam instead of rookie would allow him to open up that huge playbook plus our D is much better. Wanna make a change during the bye? Cool, he would fit right in and be a nondestructive solution.Plug and play. At least he had HUGE playcaller balls and was creative as heck. He knew how to use Cam.

I am not sure what the answer is at OC,i can tell you this much,i would like too see Cam operate out of a West Coast Offense,because it compliments J.Stews power running game in that zone running scheme,which is an adage to Cams mobility and also,heavily relies on play action pass,

Archived