• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential OC Candidates

MedellinHeel

We could make the transition after this week's game. Ramsdell for the win!

^This. I have a gut feeling this is the reason he was hired, in the event Shula falters we already have an experienced offensive coach that Rivera may have wanted all along. I would love to see what Ramsdell would do with this underachieving unit. 

^This. I have a gut feeling this is the reason he was hired, in the event Shula falters we already have an experienced offensive coach that Rivera may have wanted all along. I would love to see what Ramsdell would do with this underachieving unit.

And it would make sense to make a move after the NO game when we have a few extra days to prepare with the new guy in charge.

Would much prefer a proven OC (ideally a HC who got fired that got promoted on his offensive playcalling)

Christensen has had OC experience on two different teams.

As offensive coordinator in 2011, Christensen oversaw an offense that gained 1,594 rushing yards, which was the most by any Colts unit since 2007. On the season, the Colts averaged 4.17 yards per carry, the most for Indianapolis since 2004. Christensen was also tasked with preparing three different starting quarterbacks (Kerry Collins, Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky) and helped Painter and Orlovsky turn in career-high performances.

In his first season as offensive coordinator (2010), Christensen led an offensive unit which totaled over 5,000 net yards for the 13thconsecutive season and over 400 points for the 10th time in 12 seasons. Quarterback Peyton Manning completed 450-of-679 passing attempts for 4,700 yards and 33 touchdowns. Manning set an NFL single-season record for completions (450) and extended his records with his 13thconsecutive 25-plus touchdown season and 11th 4,000-plus passing yard season. Manning also set club single-season records for completions, attempts (679) and yards (4,700).

Christensen spent six seasons in Tampa Bay, working with the tight ends from 1996-98 and quarterbacks from 1999-2000, before being named offensive coordinator in 2001. As offensive coordinator, he helped wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson record a franchise-best 106 receptions while quarterback Brad Johnson registered a franchise-high 340 completions. During his time in Tampa Bay, the Buccaneers made four playoff appearances.

We can dream all we want but we won't hire a new OC and I am pretty confident Shula won't be fired after this season. If by some small chance Shula does get fired in the future I am almost certain we will promote from within.

God forbid we bring in someone with new ideas for offense, all we need is the read option.

Archived