• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cover 2 will not work with this Defense

joethoma

I don't agree with most of what the OP said, but one thing I did like last night was that when they brought pressure with various LB's, it looked a lot better than when they just ran with the front four. Giant's RB's got stuffed and the QB got much more pressured by Leman, Ivy, Anderson and others. I hope they incorporate LB blitzing on more plays.

I know it's preseason so coaches run bland defenses to get a feel for things, so I'm not too worried about anything.

It's hit a turning point here at the Huddle.

Crolls is trying to pick people spirits UP for a change :P

glad you see it that way.

In essence however I am actually pointing out what I have determined to be the worst case scenario football fan....ever.

...The helplessly emotional coupled with an insight deficiency trumps the hopelessly cheerful and irrationally optimistic every day in my book.

I just thought it was bad around here. We are at full blown epic tragedy status today with this mass unveiling of yet another torturous level of pestilence that further defines the stigma blanketing us as a fan base.

<sarcasm> Panther fanz rewl! </sarcasm>

Has anybody else noticed that John Fox always runs a basic vanilla defense with the starters, and then starts blitzing and running D-line stunts when the back ups get on the field? He does that every pre season.

So, while that was not exactly an encouraging performance by the starting defense, there is certainly no reason to panic.

Has anybody else noticed that John Fox always runs a basic vanilla defense with the starters, and then starts blitzing and running D-line stunts when the back ups get on the field? He does that every pre season.

So, while that was not exactly an encouraging performance by the starting defense, there is certainly no reason to panic.

It makes sense. Get the starters out there to knock some rust off then test the guys competing for jobs.

As for the OP, the scheme doesn't mean poo when your DTs perform that badly.

You decided this while watching the most vanilla defensive calls? You know.. the same calls we have every preseason? Good Job, Sir, Your interview with ESPN will begin shortly.

As long as you throw in a couple paragraphs about Favre and/or Vick that is.

We were running a vanilla D cause its the first game of the Pre-season. No need to show any other schemes. Hell they dont even gameplan till the 3rd Pre-season game. The 1st,2nd,and fourth Pre-season games are for the people battling for a roster spot and winning and playing different sets don't mean jack.

Archived