• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

List your standout\DUD players from lastnights game here

Gscottnc5

Standout

Leman - can lay the wood on somebody, wreckless abandonment

Favorite - got in the backfield quite a bit

Irvin - played good with the 3rd team

Matt Moore

Goodson - other than not holding on to the ball

D Will. - he looked like he was going 1/2 speed but still looked impressive

Kenny Moore - Could he be our 3rd down possession receiver?

Dan Connner - Solid

DUDs

Jake Delhomme - I have always supported him but he didn't look good last night

Jason Carter - say goodbye

Nick Hayden - Never seen a DT get tossed around like that before

Gary Barnidge - only for his blocking, not that good

Richard Marshall - not great guys

You could really see the effect of a weak front 4. I know it's game one(preseason), the coaches can now go to the drawing board and really see where they are lacking

Please add to the list as I cannot remember every play

Standout

Leman - can lay the wood on somebody, wreckless abandonment

Favorite - got in the backfield quite a bit

Irvin - played good with the 3rd team

Matt Moore

Goodson - other than not holding on to the ball

D Will. - he looked like he was going 1/2 speed but still looked impressive

Kenny Moore - Could he be our 3rd down possession receiver?

Dan Connner - Solid

DUDs

Jake Delhomme - I have always supported him but he didn't look good last night

Jason Carter - say goodbye

Nick Hayden - Never seen a DT get tossed around like that before

Gary Barnidge - only for his blocking, not that good

Richard Marshall - not great guys

You could really see the effect of a weak front 4. I know it's game one(preseason), the coaches can now go to the drawing board and really see where they are lacking

Please add to the list as I cannot remember every play

I like your studs. +1.

Duds - I would add Dwayne Jarrett and Charles Godfrey

Marshall and Godfrey mixed with an ineffective pass rush makes me very nervous.

I liked what I saw from D Williams especially when turning the corner. Other than him, not real sure that I loved any other skill player on the first team. Will re watch and come up with some stuff for the O and D lines.

studs...

-officiating team-really nailed that fumble review of Goodson's. spot on

-NY fans-really cheering nicely for this early...the Yankees have them all warmed up I guess

duds...

-booth commentators-Jaws and Chuckie might duke it out this season and I guess they didn't really feel like reading a roster that much.

Studs--

Non-starting DLine

DWill

Wesley had some good coverages

Leman

Halfway--

Goodson was good except for the fumbles and taunting. I'm sure he'll learn from that game though.

Brown was getting handled by the better Giant Linemen but got in there for a sack and had plenty of fight in him. If he can just show the speed he shows in his highlight videos he will be a terrible monster of a pass rusher.

Duds--

Carter was bad.

Delhomme looked shaky, probably just getting back into the flow of the team. I don't like how he tried to throw that back over the shoulder fade route early on. He didn't even see what the coverage was and threw it... that would be a pick in a real game.

Hayden is nowhere near starting caliber.

Kick returns weren't impressive.

Tackling was a bit odd, you can tell that they are trying to do something a little different than last year to force a big play. When they wrap up the first guy is trying to stick his arm up into the ball and force it out while another defender comes in for the hard play ending hit or fumble recovery. It didn't really work last night but I can see us forcing many fumbles this year if we can get used to tackling in this way.

Studs:

Leman, Goodson and the Captain looked pretty good to me. Raw, but they have potential. Moore looked like he has a very good chance to be the #4 receiver...showed up more than Jarrett. Fiammetta had some nice blocks.

Anderson looks like he's making a case to be on special teams. Hypolite got some nice pressure towards the end. I would like to see him in earlier next time. Cherry had a nice run after catch.

Duds:

Hayden

Schwartz

Carter

I think the only person that can really be judged from a fan standpoint is Hayden - only because he was so noticeably horrible(though he's been put in a very bad situation).

Everyone else it's up to the coaches because only they knew what they were trying to get out of each player. People need to understand the first pre-season game is a glorified scrimmage more than the others.

Archived