• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That Roman Harper injury timeout....

Jeremy Igo

Freefua is right... This kind of poo is way way worse than being late for a meeting... This directly impacted the ACTUAL GAME.

I'm starting to really wonder about RR. When he got his extension I briefly wondered if it was too early but I supported him and thought he'd be ok. This kind of stuff, man I gotta wonder about him. He came in as the kick ass disciplinarian, but now seems to either be a wimp or he has his guys that he looks out for. Sad, and fuging sucks for us. 

If I recall Seattle also had a player down not long after that inside of two minutes as well. Unless I missed it, I don't remember them getting charged a time out.

There was zero consistency with that call yesterday.

1) On the TD, the clock stops. The next play was an un-timed down. We lose a TO for an injury (Harper), which makes zero sense since it wouldn't affect the flow of the game or the game clock.

2) On the ensuing kickoff a Seahawks player gets hurts. Again, the clock stops automatically. However, this time the Seahawks do NOT lose a TO for injury. To me this is the correct interpretation since this injury has little to no bearing on the game clock or the flow of the game.

Now none of this mattered for this game, but is easily could have mattered.

Exactly. I was with others, thinking it was only if the clock was running. Then, Seattle player stays down due to injury and no T.O. taken. So, I guess it's only a blanket rule for a team that is losing?

it was said on page one with the Mike Pereira tweet...

@MikePereira: For those asking about panthers charged TO, it was within two minutes.

Always applies - unless there's a change of possession.

there was a change of possession, so the rule no longer applies...

The defense didn't lose this game.

They really did, have to be able to finish games. Our offense couldn't score all game, but neither could theirs. They allowed the only touchdown of the game, and allowed Seattle to burn the clock while doing it. Ron Rivera is a coach that relies on his defense to win the game and they had the opportunity, just needed one more stop and couldn't get it. Ron Rivera's defensive mindset is a major reason why we go so conservative in the redzone. He's perfectly happy winning a game 2-0. Defense has to get off the field at the end of games.

They really did, have to be able to finish games. Our offense couldn't score all game, but neither could theirs. They allowed the only touchdown of the game, and allowed Seattle to burn the clock while doing it. Ron Rivera is a coach that relies on his defense to win the game and they had the opportunity, just needed one more stop and couldn't get it. Ron Rivera's defensive mindset is a major reason why we go so conservative in the redzone. He's perfectly happy winning a game 2-0. Defense has to get off the field at the end of games.

Uh.... The defense preformed great.

In NO way was it their fault.

Its all on our offense for not getting into the end zone.

Offense includes Shula.

D played great.  Just because our coach is defensive minded that doesn't absolve the offense from scoring points.

The offense has only put up two touchdowns in the past two weeks, and that was in garbage time.

Don't put this on the defense.  Holding a team to 13 should be good enough.

Archived