• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That Roman Harper injury timeout....

Jeremy Igo

I think the issue of the clock is that you have to consider the play clock and the game clock.  Think about it, if it was first down and you throw an incomplete pass, the clock will stop, but you still may want time to stop and discuss the next play call before the play clock runs down and risking delay of game, hence a fake injury to interrupt that process.  That would charge a TO.  The play clock is running before an extra point attempt.  After the extra point, but before the kickoff, no clock is running so I don't think that would charge a TO.

The real issue I have is that this could be the biggest trolling job in the history of pro sports.  Saints cut Harper but keep him on a secret payroll, he gets picked up by Carolina, sucks total ass in our secondary, and the Saints get the best of us.  Of course, this conspiracy theory would mean that he could play better but isn't just to stick it to the team he has really always hated, the Panthers.  There's no way he can play better.

I saw that too and i was so PISSED i just didnt make it known on here at the time, he laid there for like 5 seconds after the play long enough to get the timeout called and then got right back up and jogged off the field. I wanted him cut right there and THEN. i am completely sick Roman Harper already and we are only 8 games into the season, he is not a starter in this league anymore and hasnt been for the past 2 years.  Gettleman was wrong on that one completely.

Like I said, watch each time he flails in the air at a ball carrier or someone attempting to make a play on the ball... he misses, falls on the ground, they make a big play, and then he lays there or limps off to act like there was a reason he didn't make a play. I've seen him do it too many times to count.

Too bad he is one of Ron's guys, because we'll be stuck with him until he costs us too many games to count.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

That's what I wanted to know... interesting...

I don't have time for players that have personal indulgences ON THE FIELD that hurt the team.

I can just say its something that was said today. You will probably read about it in the media.

@BlackBlueReview: Roman Harper admitted he was “pissy” after the Seattle TD, so he stayed on turf a bit. Again, cost #Panthers a timeout.

So... Does that retard Rivera hold Harper accountable? This is worse than being "late for a meeting" imo.

Yeah, clock ended up being a non factor considering we still turned it over on downs with time remaining.

Oh, and I've got a killer swim move.

Well it might've changed our plan of attack if we had 3 timeouts instead of 2. More inside routes rather than attacking the sidelines.

Like I said, watch each time he flails in the air at a ball carrier or someone attempting to make a play on the ball... he misses, falls on the ground, they make a big play, and then he lays there or limps off to act like there was a reason he didn't make a play. I've seen him do it too many times to count.

Too bad he is one of Ron's guys, because we'll be stuck with him until he costs us too many games to count.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I'm a Saints fan and I endorse this message.

@BlackBlueReview: Roman Harper admitted he was “pissy” after the Seattle TD, so he stayed on turf a bit. Again, cost #Panthers a timeout.

So... Does that retard Rivera hold Harper accountable? This is worse than being "late for a meeting" imo.

Is this the final "straw" that gets Roman off the field.

Or does he need to get hurt to make Ron treat him like he does others.

Archived