• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That Roman Harper injury timeout....

Jeremy Igo

Zod didn't answer my question... how do we know he wasn't hurt?  It was on the other end of the field from where I was sitting yesterday so I didn't have a good look at it...

I'm not doubting it, I'm definitely not a Harper fan... I'd just like to know if this is speculation based on something seen, or if someone said something.

This rule seems to be loosely enforced.  I've seen plenty of injuries occur inside 2 minutes and no timeout be called.  Harper was barely on the ground an extra 30 seconds before he walked off the field.  The rule is dumb, and it's not consistently enforced.

Zod didn't answer my question... how do we know he wasn't hurt?  It was on the other end of the field from where I was sitting yesterday so I didn't have a good look at it...

I'm not doubting it, I'm definitely not a Harper fan... I'd just like to know if this is speculation based on something seen, or if someone said something.

Won't answer because this is one of several posts made every week to rile up posters.

There was zero consistency with that call yesterday.

1) On the TD, the clock stops. The next play was an un-timed down. We lose a TO for an injury (Harper), which makes zero sense since it wouldn't affect the flow of the game or the game clock.

2) On the ensuing kickoff a Seahawks player gets hurts. Again, the clock stops automatically. However, this time the Seahawks do NOT lose a TO for injury. To me this is the correct interpretation since this injury has little to no bearing on the game clock or the flow of the game.

Now none of this mattered for this game, but is easily could have mattered.

Dumb snarky comments like this is why I don't post this kind of stuff in here anymore. Thanks for the reminder.

Regardless of that, I would like to know if it's something you saw or something you heard...  I didn't have a good view of it from where I was sitting and am genuinely curious.

Harper is already on my poo list so I need to know if I need to dislike him any more.

Archived