• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just a word of advice (...the more things stay the same)

top dawg

I realize that football season is among us, and we're all excited, but can't we wait until at least the third pre-season game before we start making rash judgments about the team, specific players and coaching?

It's too early to be hot and bothered, people. This is what pre-season is all about, and especially the first game.

I saw plenty of intensity last night. I did see some missed tackles which is easy to address and some missed assignments which is to be expected in a newish defense during the first live practice against outside competition.

We were down a few weapons on both sides, some people were playing a little out of position along the d-line, and the game does not matter anyway.

Bad throws are always going to be a part of our offense.

My point is is that when we come out like gangbusters against the Dolphins, then the world will be full of roses.

Furthermore, that Giants game was just a wetting of the feet. We will have a more accurate gauge when the Panthers face Miami, Baltimore and Blitzburgh, all teams that in theory are dedicated to the run just as much as the Giants.

Not to mention testing our offense vs their defenses.

Furthermore, that Giants game was just a wetting of the feet. We will have a more accurate gauge when the Panthers face Miami, Baltimore and Blitzburgh, all teams that in theory are dedicated to the run just as much as the Giants.

Not to mention testing our offense vs their defenses.

Weren't the Giants just getting their feet wet too? The Pittsburgh game will be the least indicator where we are at, our starters will only play one series, if that. It will be more an indicator who makes the team and of our depth.

Regardless, their D-line seemed overwhelming on pass plays, and it took a few great plays by D-Will and Goodson not to take losses.

What we saw is what we've seen for the last several years. A good running offense, a predictable passing offense, a soft D that gets a team in to 3rd and long and then gives up long + 3 (how many times did you count our 'lock down corner' reaching out in desperation as his man catches a long pass and then running for another 10yds?), mediocre return game and great punting. That's Panther football. Good for middle of the road every year...

What we saw is what we've seen for the last several years. A good running offense, a predictable passing offense, a soft D that gets a team in to 3rd and long and then gives up long + 3 (how many times did you count our 'lock down corner' reaching out in desperation as his man catches a long pass and then running for another 10yds?), mediocre return game and great punting. That's Panther football. Good for middle of the road every year...

So I guess that 12-4 and tied for the best record in the NFC is your idea of "Middle of the road".

Archived