• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you see.....

Jeremy Igo

The cap may jump up very soon. There are supposed to be cap rises from TV deals in the next year or two.

I think in the long term we have some promising talent in the secondary. You talk about Norman, Boston, and Benwikere. I think that is your continuity going forward. 

The biggest thing I'm worried about in the off season is Thomas Davis. He has a 9 million cap figure next season. He's probably worth it...

I think TD will restructure his contract. Which is good.  He's come out and said Carolina is the only team he'll play for.

What a lot of us are forgetting is just because the cap jumps, doesn't mean the salary demands won't jump up.  It's a relative scale.

I think the key cog in this whole thing is how we deal with CJ.  Prior to the Hardy situation the plan was pretty clear.  Give them one more year to play together, then allow CJ to restructure or let him walk and resign Hardy.  With Hardy out of the mix we're sort of force to retain the monstrous cap hit that CJ brings or we're looking at a brand new set of DE's which can't be good.

This experiment at both tackle positions has been a debacle. I don't how many times I've also seen Chandler on his a** after getting bullrushed. Chandler and Bell are not the answer and hopefully it will be addressed this offseason. Unfortunaltely it is what we get to watch for the rest of the season.

Archived