• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you see.....

Jeremy Igo

Just tell us how we can afford a good LT, a good RT, fix the defense between the DE spot and the secondary, resign Luke, and resign Cam.

If we can do all that and pay Cam the money he wants then there's no problem.

Maybe finish poorly this year allows us to get a top T, I don't know.

The salary cap is certainly a concern to a degree, but people here really do overstate it frequently, if you really want to make a move you can.

Ultimately it comes down to drafting. Which we have generally done a piss poor job of on offense since drafting Newton.

He's the only player left on the team from the 2011 draft. That is absolutely pathetic.

If we don't get better at drafting on offense, it really does not matter who is behind center.

The salary cap is certainly a concern to a degree, but people here really do overstate it frequently, if you really want to make a move you can.

Ultimately it comes down to drafting. Which we have generally done a piss poor job of on offense since drafting Newton.

He's the only player left on the team from the 2011 draft. That is absolutely pathetic.

If we don't get better at drafting on offense, it really does not matter who is behind center.

I'm aware of how important drafting his, but to solve our LT problem for cheap it may require a high pick....which means we have to suck this year.

tbf we took a MASSIVE step in the right direction with KB this year.  and turner looks like he's gonna be ok.

the past though, my god it's awful.

honestly i still think we can win this division. we have an opportunity at 3-4-1. that is certainly amazing and keeps me excited about thursday. if we lose thursday. we're done and we might be in a position to draft a stud LT in the draft this year.

We don’t appear to have a better option at LT right now. Can the Canadian start at LT? Who knows.

People keep saying trade for an upgrade. In order to get a decent one via trade, we would have to get rid of someone good or unload a valuable pick in next year’s draft. Every team in the league knows we need an upgrade, so our bargaining power is zero. The only way someone trades a decent LT (even a backup) is if we give them one of our young DL or Olsen.

So the question is: who do you trade and who do you want in return?

tbf we took a MASSIVE step in the right direction with KB this year.  and turner looks like he's gonna be ok.

the past though, my god it's awful.

honestly i still think we can win this division. we have an opportunity at 3-4-1. that is certainly amazing and keeps me excited about thursday. if we lose thursday. we're done and we might be in a position to draft a stud LT in the draft this year.

Yeah it's just a real shame it took so long just to add two players worthy of starting roles. We really wasted those seasons where we had Cam signed to a very reasonable deal. But what's done is done. Next year we absolutely have to go all in on our offense, no salary cap excuses.

We haven't had very many games in the last several years bigger than the upcoming Thursday night game.

I don't think we can suck enough to get a blue chip tackle. There are teams worse off than us.

That's what I think as well.  Signing a legit LT will cost big money, and will throw a wrench in our ability to negotiate with Cam and Luke down the line, unless we don't address any other issues....or we bust out the 1 year deal card again....which isn't the best long term strategy. 

We're seeing the chemistry issues that offering all these one year contracts presents.  A couple of one year deals is fine, but when half the secondary and the majority of receivers are on 1 year deals it presents a problem.  Cam will have the same revolving door at WR again next year and the cycle will repeat itself. I also think Colin Cole and Dwan Edwards expire at the end of this year.  So we're looking at having to retool the depth along our interior DL and finding another RE unless we think Ealy is the guy.

That's what I think as well.  Signing a legit LT will cost big money, and will throw a wrench in our ability to negotiate with Cam and Luke down the line, unless we don't address any other issues....or we bust out the 1 year deal card again....which isn't the best long term strategy. 

We're seeing the chemistry issues that offering all these one year contracts presents.  A couple of one year deals is fine, but when half the secondary and the majority of receivers are on 1 year deals it presents a problem.  Cam will have the same revolving door at WR again next year and the cycle will repeat itself. I also think Colin Cole and Dwan Edwards expire at the end of this year.  So we're looking at having to retool the depth along our interior DL and finding another RE unless we think Ealy is the guy.

The cap may jump up very soon. There are supposed to be cap rises from TV deals in the next year or two.

I think in the long term we have some promising talent in the secondary. You talk about Norman, Boston, and Benwikere. I think that is your continuity going forward. 

The biggest thing I'm worried about in the off season is Thomas Davis. He has a 9 million cap figure next season. He's probably worth it...

The cap may jump up very soon. There are supposed to be cap rises from TV deals in the next year or two.

I think in the long term we have some promising talent in the secondary. You talk about Norman, Boston, and Benwikere. I think that is your continuity going forward. 

The biggest thing I'm worried about in the off season is Thomas Davis. He has a 9 million cap figure next season. He's probably worth it...

He's worth every penny IMO.  Fuging love Thomas Davis.

I'm aware of how important drafting his, but to solve our LT problem for cheap it may require a high pick....which means we have to suck this year.

Don't worry that is DG's plan. Seriously I hope not but it seems that way sometimes. I like DG, but this off-season is when I will decide if I fully support him or not. We know our giant glaring weaknesses, let's see if he addresses them properly. If not, he's lost me.

Archived