• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle defense played a whole lot of a 3-4 Sunday

Jeremy Igo

It seems the word is out on the Panthers offense. Easily shut down with a 3-4 look.

Going back over the game, they are in a 3-4 maybe even the majority of the time. On the last two drives, they stayed in it for the entire time. Bruce Irvin was making Byron Bell look pretty terrible. Byron barely gets a hand on him before Irvin sacks Cam in the final possession.

It is a copy cat league folks. We will continue to see plenty of 3-4 even from base 4-3 defenses like Seattle for the rest of the season. Why? Because it works. The Panthers still have zero answers for it.

It seems the word is out on the Panthers offense. Easily shut down with a 3-4 look.

Going back over the game, they are in a 3-4 maybe even the majority of the time. On the last two drives, they stayed in it for the entire time. Bruce Irvin was making Byron Bell look pretty terrible. Byron barely gets a hand on him before Irvin sacks Cam in the final possession.

It is a copy cat league folks. We will continue to see plenty of 3-4 even from base 4-3 defenses like Seattle for the rest of the season. Why? Because it works. The Panthers still have zero answers for it.

Why are  we not using the 2 TE set with olsen, williams, & dickson.  We need to throw more short and intermediate routes to have manageable 3r & 4th downs. We are also missing Tolbert's short-yardage and leadership. 

Why are  we not using the 2 TE set with olsen, williams, & dickson.  We need to throw more short and intermediate routes to have manageable 3r & 4th downs. We are also missing Tolbert's short-yardage and leadership. 

Same reason Charles Godfrey was on this team for way longer than he should have been.

This falls on the coaches. Shula cannot game plan around it and Rivera is ultimately the one that has to fix this or hit the bricks. I'm leaning toward the latter. I've reserved judgment about a lot of things wrong with this team until now. My faith in Rivera has completely vanished and there's little he can do to reinstate it. Whatever is going on with this team it's obvious that he isn't aware or is clueless as how to fix it.

you would think ron, who coached a number 1 defense in san diego (that was also 3-4) would help out in protection schemes when it comes to countering this. yet our offense still looks like poo

Ron's focus is on LBs like "the cinci camera creep" was on the cheerleaders. RR is proving himself to be a better hall monitor or military dad rather than someone who evaluates the entire team and more so the staff to see what's working and what's not. smh... he has certainly allowed enough to get fired since coming here but last year may have given him a unmentioned 2 year extension. we're so 8-bit

you would think ron, who coached a number 1 defense in san diego (that was also 3-4) would help out in protection schemes when it comes to countering this. yet our offense still looks like poo

Yeah, you would think, but cut him some slack...  He's still trying to figure out why Olsen wasn't involved more.

This falls on the coaches. Shula cannot game plan around it and Rivera is ultimately the one that has to fix this or hit the bricks. I'm leaning toward the latter. I've reserved judgment about a lot of things wrong with this team until now. My faith in Rivera has completely vanished and there's little he can do to reinstate it. Whatever is going on with this team it's obvious that he isn't aware or is clueless as how to fix it.

perfect! RR seems to have little concern.... either he and Getts knowingly expected this or he's a moron. If Getts ditched an winning team of vets than how is RR so comfy? something is going on there. RR acts like there is no worries and we can fix things by watching tape that we're clearly not learning from. 

Ron's focus is on LBs like "the cinci camera creep" was on the cheerleaders. RR is proving himself to be a better hall monitor or military dad rather than someone who evaluates the entire team and more so the staff to see what's working and what's not. smh... he has certainly allowed enough to get fired since coming here but last year may have given him a unmentioned 2 year extension. we're so 8-bit

he's basically rex ryan, a DC posing as a HC. at least rex can be fuging hilarious at times. ron just gives off his thousand yard stare for 3 hours.

he's basically rex ryan, a DC posing as a HC. at least rex can be fuging hilarious at times. ron just gives off his thousand yard stare for 3 hours.

ron looks like, "why is this dry cleaner's ticket in my pants?" all way we do screens and 4th and child please. smh

the seahawks don't play a 3-4, they play a wide 5 and they've done it since Carroll got there and blew a pick on Bruce Irvin to play the elephant. 

Once the coach's film is available I'll break it down. 

3 down lineman, 4 linebackers two of which are rushing the passer.

Not sure how thats not a 3-4

Archived