• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston ?

Jeremy Igo

I don't think it would have mattered.

Good teams or desperate teams find a way to win and bad teams find a way to lose

A pro team that can't score a TD gets what it deserves

Score TDs instead of squandering red zone opportunitiesand what Boston did wasn't important. Frankly he was another questionable draft pick by

The Panthers

Everyone in the stadium knew what was going to happen when an offense scores 9

Points. We have seen the show before.

Yeah I know what you mean cause when I saw the seahawks were in the red zone under a minute to go when I was at work I knew they would finally score. When I checked again and saw they actually did, I wasn't shocked in the slightest

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I've never understood what people saw in Tre. He was crap in college and he was a big time reach in the 4th. Just another example of poor drafting by this organization.

The 4th round is our new 2nd round.  Gettlemans 2 4th round picks have been Kugbilla and Boston, 2 reaches that would take time to develop and had no more than a 50% of developing ever period.  Boston still has a chance to make it, but I knew he wasn't the answer right now.  That said, he is no worse than Harper and does have a chance to develop for us over time, so I'd use him a lot during the game, you are right though, in that situation, if any options were available, I wouldn't have him in the game.  Best thing I saw yesterday personally was the play of Kony Ealy.  He didn't do anything crazy, but for the first time this year, I saw some real promise with him.  If he continues to develop, and by some miracle Hardy is found innocent Nov 17th, he could provide some decent depth behind CJ.  Defense as a whole finally looked like the 2013 defense for the first time in a month and a half, maybe we're turning a corner.

Any other safety on the roster wouldn't have even been in position.

QFT

Boston was far more active than any other safety we've had all year.  In his what?  One quarter of play?  Mistakes or not, at least the guy is taking chances and getting involved.  I'd rather see someone try and fail than not try at all (Decoud, Harper, rest of the secondary sans Norman.)

That pass went to the TE for no other reason than Russell Wilson saw Luke blitzing, and knew the middle of the field would be wide open.

Just like every other time Luke blitzes.

Please McDermott, stop blitzing the guy that covers better than the safeties.

Luke didn't blitz on that play.  In fact, no one blitzed on that play.  We rushed four.

To my eyes from the couch and not knowing what exactly our defense was called to do on that play here's my two cents.

Luke and  TD dropped back into a shallow zone underneath.  Boston was either playing the TE man to man or he was playing zone and the TE came into his zone. 

In any event, the TE runs straight up the seam.  Boston's first step is back and to the outside.  The TE runs just inside of him.  Wilson makes a perfect pass.  Boston has his hand right in there but the pass is perfect.  Boston can't knock the pass down and Harper can't get over in time before the TE gets into the endzone.

So, where did this play go wrong?

Did TD not get deep enough?  The RB flared out and he stopped going back when he saw him.  Did that draw him forward to give the throw more space?

Did Boston take a wrong step to the outside or was he supposed to do that if he was playing zone?  Or was the play setup for over the top help and he was supposed to play the way he did but Harper was out of position?

Did everyone do their job correctly but Russell Wilson made a perfect throw?

Tre was in perfect position. Can't beat a good throw. Hell at least he was there to break on the ball. Any other safety on the roster wouldn't have even been in position. Oh, and he was man'd up on the TE with safety help over the top.

this......idk what you all are talking about... he was in damn near perfect position.  Just a great throw... I mean half a step   just half a step from perfect coverage.

This picture illustrates better coverage then 99% of the completions  against our DB's over the course of this season. 

post-360-0-75460600-1414421221_thumb.png

post-360-0-75460600-1414421221_thumb.png

Luke didn't blitz on that play. In fact, no one blitzed on that play. We rushed four.

To my eyes from the couch and not knowing what exactly our defense was called to do on that play here's my two cents.

Luke and TD dropped back into a shallow zone underneath. Boston was either playing the TE man to man or he was playing zone and the TE came into his zone.

In any event, the TE runs straight up the seam. Boston's first step is back and to the outside. The TE runs just inside of him. Wilson makes a perfect pass. Boston has his hand right in there but the pass is perfect. Boston can't knock the pass down and Harper can't get over in time before the TE gets into the endzone.

So, where did this play go wrong?

Did TD not get deep enough? The RB flared out and he stopped going back when he saw him. Did that draw him forward to give the throw more space?

Did Boston take a wrong step to the outside or was he supposed to do that if he was playing zone? Or was the play setup for over the top help and he was supposed to play the way he did but Harper was out of position?

Did everyone do their job correctly but Russell Wilson made a perfect throw?

Beautiful lookin pennies you got there sir. Just happy Tre was around the play. Sadly refreshing.

Archived