• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman in Photos

Jeremy Igo

Proud of Josh.  He was another guy that I said I wanted to draft before we actually did, so I'm happy to see him shining. 

BUT, although it is probably fair to say he needed to be benched temporarily as part of his maturation, I still have to wonder if it was necessary to leave him sitting behind who he did for as long as he did?

It should be noted that the defense played much more like the 2013 Panthers than the last couple of weeks prior.

Coincidence or was it because Norman was in the secondary?

I think this is very true.  Norman isn't a superstar.  He's not even a top 5 player on our D.  But he brings the confidence back to the team.  Defensively, we looked angry and aggressive.  I think Norman's attitude rubs off on the rest of the defense.

Our D put us in position to win.  If we only allow 13 (ESPECIALLY with as bad as they've played this season) we should win.

It should be noted that the defense played much more like the 2013 Panthers than the last couple of weeks prior.

Coincidence or was it because Norman was in the secondary?

Norman was a very very big part of it but also from what I saw Star and Ealy both had their best performances of the season. We shut down the run aside from one long one, but that long one this week was 25 not 90 and aside from the very last drive we shut Wilson down. 3 of their points were lucky take out those and one drive and we held them to 3 points. Just gotta put it all together get Lester in over Boston/DeCoud and we should be good.

Pretty sure he recovered the Bersin muff as well no?

Also, he was able to stay with Richardson (who has 4.3 speed btw) down field and make a great play on the ball.

He didn't recover, but he grabbed a Seahawk and pulled him away from the ball as it lay out of Bersin's reach.  He made a lot of little hustle plays that kept us in it.

dont understand why he hasnt been starting all season.  Except Rivera was trying to prove a point again ?  

When he plays under control and doesn't freelance he is most talented CB on the team

This is what Teeray is saying dude.  When he was freelancing, leaving teammates out to dry trying to jump routes he was a liability.  Also at times, he didn't know his assignments.  Yesterday Keuchly was out dueling Wilson with checks and Norman was ready each time. 

So yes, Rivera was proving a point that he won't take a chance on players that don't buy into the scheme and play their assignments.  When White started playing receivers without making plays on the ball, missing tackles, and not effectively re-routing/jamming receivers Rivera benched him in favor of Norman.  Why would you as a fan have a problem with that?

I like Melvin White and feel he played better than Norman last year.  This year he has digressed and struggled mightily, while Norman has apparently gotten better very quickly.  He deserves to play now and didn't last year.

Archived