• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman in Photos

Jeremy Igo

Josh Norman made his return to the starting lineup on Sunday. He then put on one of the more impressive performances by a Panthers cornerback in recent memory.

gallery_1_10_120578.jpg

Firstly, Norman may be the team MVP of kick returns. If not for Josh, Paul Richardson would have taken this return into the end zone. Unlike Roman Harper in Cincinnati, Norman stuck with the play and saved a touchdown. Norman's presence on special teams is crucial to the success of this team.

gallery_1_10_117284.jpg

Of course, there is the trash talking, from which no one is immune. Whether it is the long snapper or "Beast Mode", Norman always has a few things to tell you about. I've noticed his talk has matured a bit over the years. As a rookie, it was filled with plain insults. These days Norman is able to weave a little more humor into his talk,

In an exchange with Marshawn Lynch, Norman's teammates pulled him away. "The know how I am" Norman said in the locker room after the game. The fact that Norman maintained his composure on such an intense defensive showing is a great sign for Panthers fans.

gallery_1_10_139590.jpg

On the very next play after trash talking Lynch, Norman once again kept the Panthers offense in a position to win the game with an end zone interception. If not for Josh Norman, the Panthers could have been down 14 points at the half.

gallery_1_10_39900.jpg

It seems Norman can't go a game without giving the fans (or sometimes officials) a good scare. Instead of falling on the ball in the end zone, Norman chose to give it a return try. Every coach in the nation from junior high to the pros would have had him just fall on the ball. But that is just not Norman's way. Even though a fumble would have been disastrous, Norman tried to make something more happen.

gallery_1_10_420395.jpg

After the game Richard Sherman and Josh Norman had more than a few friendly words. I got the sense that Norman really looks up to Sherman. I asked him about it in the locker room.

gallery_1_10_52265.jpg

"He is the guy at the position of cornerback is at the top of the crew" Norman said. "You gotta give respect where respect is due."

"I respect this dude, he is a good player." he added.

All of Sunday's gameday photos are in the Huddle Photo Gallery for All-Pro Huddlers. You can now upgrade your membership in the Huddle Store at a discounted rate of 4 dollars a month.

There was another unbelievable pass break up just before half time where he stuck to his man and showed really good timing to break up the play. 

Its time to start realising that this guy has instinct that is rare to find and is maturing to remove some of the errors in his game. Big reason for the improved all round defensive performance. 

he was a huge positive from yesterday. Aside from the special team saves and interception, he was always hustling to the ball trying to make a tackle. 

I think we all have seen flashes of his potential (preseason) but he has had trouble putting it all together and staying out of the doghouse. If he can keep it up we may have ourselves a pretty good corner 

make no mistake Norman, similar to Steve Smith, is both benefited and hurt by his passion for the game. Steve learned how to utilize his to the utmost advantage, hopefully Norman can too. 

A certain handsome huddler tried to tell you guys, at the beginning of the season, that Norman is one of the bright spots for this defense, but all anyone could talk about is how much he needed to stop trash talking. Something you guys praised a 5'9 WR, we used to have, for.

I'm glad this guy is doing well. He is afraid of no one, he has fire, he has heart, and he never gives up.

Archived