• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Red Zone Efficiency

Jeremy Igo

This goes to my point...why isn't Cam audibling out of some of this poo?  I just don't think he has the ability to do it. I have never poo'd on Cam...ever, until tonight.  I usually throw up an unfunny gif or throw in some un-criticizable comment about certain players. But after today's game I point out obvious flaws in Cam's game and how I don't think he is the answer and I have been called everything from a troll, flamer, hater, Saint fan, redneck, and racist.  

Sure Shula isn't doing great...but neither is our QB.

What is the definition of insanity?

Last year EVERYONE knew this offense was mediocre.  What did the FO do to address the struggling O AFTER the 49ers game in which the Panthers couldn't finish drives in the RZ, and after a season where our offense was struggling for large portions?

That's right. We did nothing except draft the 8th ranked TE/WR in the draft and made him our No. 1 go to threat. Then proceeded to strip the WR core down to nothing only to build it back up to mediocre--which is why Riviera said "We only need to replace about 10 catches a game."

The mediocre Oline got worse as folks retired and others got injured. The Panthers are literally rolling out their against the Defending SB champs with an entire line filled with undrafted journeymen.

Didn't do anything to address the problem of our QB being our leading rusher. At TE we remained the same.

Instead this Front Office has taken the stance that offense is an afterthought and only a unit that occasionally need updating. They continually sink resource after precious resource into it trying to create a dominate pass rusher and front 7.

Meanwhile, the Huddle, seeing all of this, decides...no it's the offense that should be leading the way after all off-season doing NOTHING to improve it.

Some folks just aren't cut out for certain roles.  Capers wasn't a good head coach but is a great D-Coordinator.  Shula isn't a good O-Coordinator but is .... ... well, probably good at something else.

Funny thing about our redzone, playcalling gets worse the closer we get to the endzone.  Inside the 5, just stack 11 between the hashmarks and hope our 10 push back your 11.  It seems like Shula gets nervous and afraid of turnovers, so he gets conservative and predictable.  What a momentum killer.

Archived