• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Red Zone Efficiency

Jeremy Igo

Shula won't allow Cam the No Huddle most times; cause one of the traits of incompetent people; they don't want others to do their jobs, though they're incompetent. Lol

It's the same way, Ron Rivera is a terrible game coach (both on offense and defense), especially at the end. Nonetheless, Rivera will continue to keep a game close by never stomping out another team/Playing for FG, though he's a terrible close game head coach. Makes no sense, huh?

He's the least innovative play caller I have seen. The read option cannot and should not define our strategy. Yet, it has dominated our play calling the last several weeks. Cam had 12 carries for 24 yards today. It should have stopped after 6 carries...bc it wasn't working at all.

I'd like to see it with Joe Webb

I want to know why they didnt have any trick plays or ANY involvement of Webb in a game where he was obviously active as a receiver but only trotted out to hang out in the endzone next to sunshine sans his one return, which btw netted him something like 23-24 yards.

He's the least innovative play caller I have seen. The read option cannot and should not define our strategy. Yet, it has dominated our play calling the last several weeks. Cam had 12 carries for 24 yards today. It should have stopped after 6 carries...bc it wasn't working at all.

We caught Cincy off guard by running Cam, they were not prepared.  Since then the Panthers game plan has been the Read Option and the NFL is ready for it when they know its coming.

When the Panthers walked off the field against the 49ers last year, a game in which the Panthers had multiple chances to score in the red zone and failed, everyone was of the opinion that the Panthers desperately needed to upgrade all aspects of the offense...

Come the draft and FA, the Panthers go backwards as it relates to the offense.

Come October, the Huddle cannot understand why we struggle in the RZ.

This season was not lost today...it was lost in April, May, and June.

I could not agree with you more. This game is almost a mirror of the 9ers game. The blame falls on both Shula and Gman. Cam is stuck trying to make chicken salad out of chicken poo, and Shula's retarded play calls don't help. I was one of the few people who thought Shula should get a pass, but today changed my opinion. He needs to be shitcanned.

If you've been watching the games you'd have realized he calls them fairly often.

OK, so when we had the ball at the 1, and they put everybody in the box, why didn't he audible to a bootleg? He faked it and handed off to Stewart, but there was nobody anywhere near him.

I could not agree with you more. This game is almost a mirror of the 9ers game. The blame falls on both Shula and Gman. Cam is stuck trying to make chicken salad out of chicken poo, and Shula's retarded play calls don't help. I was one of the few people who thought Shula should get a pass, but today changed my opinion. He needs to be shitcanned.

Shula can go, and that will certainly help, however, the Panthers desperately needs talent to compete with the likes of Green Bay and Seattle.

If I had to pick between upgrading this offense or Shula, 100 times out of 100 I am picking to upgrade the offensive personnel.

We can win games/get to the playoffs/and even win a SB with Shula as OC, but we must literally have the elite talent on the oline, wr, te, and rb.

The problem we have is...we have none of that...AND Shula.

http://articles.mcall.com/2001-01-10/sports/3350233_1_steckel-mike-shula-red-zone

Tampa Bay's offense had the worst touchdown efficiency in the NFL in 1999 (under Shula) , but improved to sixth in the league under Steckel, who was the offensive coordinator at Tennessee when the Titans made it to the Super Bowl last season

This has always been an issue with Shula. Red Zone touchdowns in the pros and in college as a play caller.

Question: should the Panthers consider just letting Cam call his own plays in the red zone and just turn him loose?

This goes to my point...why isn't Cam audibling out of some of this poo?  I just don't think he has the ability to do it. I have never poo'd on Cam...ever, until tonight.  I usually throw up an unfunny gif or throw in some un-criticizable comment about certain players. But after today's game I point out obvious flaws in Cam's game and how I don't think he is the answer and I have been called everything from a troll, flamer, hater, Saint fan, redneck, and racist.  

Sure Shula isn't doing great...but neither is our QB.

Also, if Cam can and does call audibles, who do we blame the horrible plays on?

I was thinking about this. Unless you know what play was called and what was executed or not exited for that matter. Who do you blame? Whatever it is it needs to be fixed now! If it's Shula then can his ass. If it's Cam, then Rivera needs to correct this one way or another.

Archived