• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers speaks

Kevin Greene

"I came right back and got right into the groove of things, met the coaches," said Peppers. "And it went pretty smooth. There haven’t been many bumps at all.”

Peppers said he's excited about playing in the new scheme being installed by first-year defensive coordinator Ron Meeks.

"After a couple of more practices and a couple more weeks of playing, we should get some of the mistakes that were made tonight cleaned up and hopefully be a pretty good defense," he said.

Peppers said he was welcomed back by his teammates.

"I think everybody has contract situations or whatever the case may be," he said. "It has nothing to do with any personal relationships on the team or the football side of it."

more

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

This shows that Pep had a change of heart once we got a new DC and changed our philosophy on defense. Pep was tired of Turdo's bullsh*t and the way he was being used.

No it shows it was all about the money. The last two lines explaines the whole deal.

I think since being a vocal leader was one of the cards played against him/hurney in possible trade scenarios explored or not, that we may be hearing a lot more out of ol' pep this season. If so, that may mean he still wants out.

I am going to be watching him very closely to see if he is molding himself into trade form off the field as well as on it.

No it shows it was all about the money. The last two lines explaines the whole deal.

If it were all about money why didn't he sign that deal after his worst year that would have made him the highest paid defensive player in the NFL?

I will never think it was all about money with him.

It had nothing to do with the money. We had the money to offer and we were willing to offer it to him, so it wasn't about the money at all.

I truly think he just wanted a change of scenery. But now that he's back on the team he has to say all the right things. The business part of the game has to be separate from than game itself.

This shows that Pep had a change of heart once we got a new DC and changed our philosophy on defense. Pep was tired of Turdo's bullsh*t and the way he was being used.

No it doesn't. Pep is just saying what he is suppose to. He could have been tired of Trgo....it could be Fox....it could be the 4-3....it could just be NC. Pep is simply a high character guy. Shoot, talk to some legit Indy fans and get their opinion on Meeks.....he isn't an improvement coming to Carolina. Lateral move at best. Pep is here for a year and will give it his all.....that is all we know imo.

NOT a money thing. If it was a money thing he would have taken the early offer or never narrowed his expectations trade wise to such a small grouping.

He wanted change and effected it through Hurney all while guaranteeing some do-re-me in the process.

I think it played beautifully for him and we will see if now it plays beautifully for us. For now all signs point to ...it's possible.

Me either.

Money is a part of it, but not nearly as big as some may think it.

Is it scheme....or just really wanting to get out of the state that he has been in since birth....or something else...

we may never find out.

It's about his relationship with the head coach.

It had nothing to do with the money. We had the money to offer and we were willing to offer it to him, so it wasn't about the money at all.

I truly think he just wanted a change of scenery. But now that he's back on the team he has to say all the right things. The business part of the game has to be separate from than game itself.

I guess time will tell

Archived