• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm not blaming Shula

Jeremy Igo

Russell fumbled the exchange twice, but no one cares because they won.  Still no excuse for Cam, like he says, we need to execute better.

Shula didn't make Cam fumble that handoff.  Shula didn't make Cam throw that ugly duck INT as he was getting sacked.  

Shula did make some awful playcalls on the final drive.  Play action?  Rolling out AWAY from your best receiver?  One catch for Olsen?  Lots of blame on Shula, but it's not entirely his fault either.

Agreed Jeremy, but the problem is, I have been indicting Gettleman all year and the majority give him a pass.

The only reason I bring up Shula's job now is because our franchise does have a habit of creating "sacrificial lambs" to quell the masses from getting at those truly responsible.

You will be proven correct on Gettleman. Now he is in over his head.

You will be proven correct on Gettleman. Now he is in over his head.

I think once Gettleman has some actual cap space to work with, we'll see a big difference.  It's a shame that paying all that money to Hardy didn't work out because Hardy is an idiot.  13 million dollars in cap space for a player that's not even playing.  Could have had 3 decent veteran offensive lineman for that price.

I think once Gettleman has some actual cap space to work with, we'll see a big difference. It's a shame that paying all that money to Hardy didn't work out because Hardy is an idiot. 13 million dollars in cap space for a player that's not even playing. Could have had 3 decent veteran offensive lineman for that price.

It still doesnt explain crap like telling Nicks to sign elsewhere... that was all Gettleman.

It still doesnt explain crap like telling Nicks to sign elsewhere... that was all Gettleman.

Because Nicks is totally lighting it up for the Colts and all...he probably wanted more money than Gettleman thought he was worth.  He had the inside knowledge of working with him before. If Nicks had come at a Cotchery price, that's a different story.

Because Nicks is totally lighting it up for the Colts and all...he probably wanted more money than Gettleman thought he was worth. He had the inside knowledge of working with him before. If Nicks had come at a Cotchery price, that's a different story.

Lol, hep, you really think Nicks would be having the same season here that he is having there? Lol, he'd instantly be a #1 or 2 here, it would be pretty interchangeable with KB. That's just like people brining up Mitchell's season with the Steelers as justification as to why we didn't try to re-sign him. He fit here. It doesn't mean he will elsewhere.

Lol, hep, you really think Nicks would be having the same season here that he is having there? Lol, he'd instantly be a #1 or 2 here, it would be pretty interchangeable with KB. That's just like people brining up Mitchell's season with the Steelers as justification as to why we didn't try to re-sign him. He fit here. It doesn't mean he will elsewhere.

How do you know Nicks would be tearing it up here?  That's a ridiculous assumption.  Benjamin is a beast - he's already better than Nicks.  If they signed Nicks, would they have even drafted Benjamin?  You have to be insane to say you'd rather have Nicks over Benjamin.  It came down to money and Gettleman didn't want to pay for Nicks.  WR is the least of the Panthers worries right now anyway so I don't even know why you brought that up.

Well Shula was advertised as being and bringing consistency -- and you have to admit, the results are pretty consistent.

Doesn't seem that adjustment is in his vocabulary.

consistently vanila

consistently predictable

consistently without any thought or creativity

consistently unacceptable

consistently consistent

How do you know Nicks would be tearing it up here? That's a ridiculous assumption. Benjamin is a beast - he's already better than Nicks. If they signed Nicks, would they have even drafted Benjamin? You have to be insane to say you'd rather have Nicks over Benjamin. It came down to money and Gettleman didn't want to pay for Nicks. WR is the least of the Panthers worries right now anyway so I don't even know why you brought that up.

Because it was an example of Gettleman undermining the growth of the team.

And don't underestimate the impact that our less than stellar WR unit has on the ineptitude of our offense. KB is the only legit WR that can consistently get himself open. Combine the inability of the other WRs to do so on a consistent basis and the horrible OL, and that's a huge reason for our offensive struggles.

This assumption you're making about nicks is just as valid as my assumption that Steve smith would have shown up to camp with a beer gut and had 600 receiving yards and 3 TDs.

Archived