• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm not blaming Shula

Jeremy Igo

Shula is a bad offensive coordinator this year. Shula was a bad offensive coordinator last year. Shula has always been a bad offensive play caller.

Don't blame a guy for being what he has always been. Blame the guys that put him in that position and downgraded his personnel all while expecting a positive result.

Exactly

I was at the game. Beautiful day and with my best friend

Life is short. These people in the front office make millions

The issues with the Panthers are very plan to see.

They had the chance to move on from Shula and didn't.

I hear Hue Jackson is doing pretty good...even without AJ Greene

Can't wait to hear Ron blame players again. Perhaps he can find a coach to fire.

Exactly

I was at the game. Beautiful day and with my best friend

Life is short. These people in the front office make millions

The issues with the Panthers are very plan to see.

They had the chance to move on from Shula and didn't.

I hear Hue Jackson is doing pretty good...even without AJ Greene

Can't wait to hear Ron blame players again. Perhaps he can find a coach to fire.

Hue Jackson just scored 0 points last week against a team that gave up 51 this week.

Even Shula hasn't been shut out yet I don't believe. With less talent and no o line

Look, I am not saying Shula is the GOAT OC, I am just saying he is an easy scapegoat for underlying problems that simply replacing him, or bringing in a new playcaller is not going to magically fix.

There are simply too many issues upfront right now, especially when we have to become one dimensional.

But, if he is fired I will understand why and I will be excited for a new philosophy.

I am not a Shula fanboy or anything, contrary to popular belief, I just am sometimes defensive of coaches (in particular OCs) because they are always the easy scapegoat, when usually they aren't the main issue.

I love it when Shula calls screens at retarded times like 1st and 10 only 7 in the box and poo.

Then on 3rd and 7's he sends everyone 15 yards down field with no checkdown or hot route...lol my daughter would be a better OC.

We will never get the most from our offense with Shula at the helm.  Was bad in TB and it is no different here.  Have said that since he was hired.  Not that this is saying much but I don't think this was one of his worst games.  Outside a couple bonehead screen plays at the wrong times, he mixed it up OK.  The O-line killed this game again. 

What kills me about Shula is how his a$$ puckers when he gets in the redzone.  It's almost like he gets nervous and is afraid to do anything too creative.  He must stop putting all 11 players inside the hashmarks thinking our 10 will push back their 11.  It's not working.  He has a great weapon in Cam and largely fails to utilize him in the redzone.  Open the offense up and spread them out.

You can't put this on Gettleman. These were the coaches he was given. He was not given the choice to bring in his own guys. This is the hand he was dealt and they made the playoffs and Ron won coach of the year. You can't exactly fire Rivera at the end of last season.

Now, however, would be a great time to fire Shula. If Gettleman has any intention of succeeding this season, he needs to go ahead and give Shula the Armanti Edwards treatment.

Look, I am not saying Shula is the GOAT OC, I am just saying he is an easy scapegoat for underlying problems that simply replacing him, or bringing in a new playcaller is not going to magically fix.

There are simply too many issues upfront right now, especially when we have to become one dimensional.

But, if he is fired I will understand why and I will be excited for a new philosophy.

I am not a Shula fanboy or anything, contrary to popular belief, I just am sometimes defensive of coaches (in particular OCs) because they are always the easy scapegoat, when usually they aren't the main issue.

you will probably get flammed for a logical and truthful post which is so sad

could not have said it better myself- exactly how I feel 

Archived