• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm not blaming Shula

Jeremy Igo

First paragraph probably shouldn't be attributed to me since I never said that. Perhaps that is the first problem.

Okay here we go with semantics, oh no I didn't support Shula, I didn't keep saying that our offense was the reason our defense was good.

I don't care how you plan to deflect, anyone that read your posts in the last year knows.

And why can't we do both? Probably a terrible analogy but if an elementary school hires a child molester, obviously the administration is accountable, but the child molester sure as hell is accountable as well. And you know what, I really can't blame the FO that much. Shula was the safe hire at the time. It was for the sake of Cam Newton, to maintain familiarity when Chud left. The NFL has seen a lot of QB's fail or have their growth stunted because their offense changed year after year, so I can't begrudge the team for that. I can be critical of the job Shula does however. 

Shula is a bad offensive coordinator this year. Shula was a bad offensive coordinator last year. Shula has always been a bad offensive play caller.

Don't blame a guy for being what he has always been. Blame the guys that put him in that position and downgraded his personnel all while expecting a positive result.

I wish I could pie you 10k times. Only in the Huddle do we expect better results when we down grade an already mediocre unit. Instead we get: "Well we only need to replace about 10 catches a game."

Funny me, I thought the Panthers were in the business of upgrading and improving. 

Okay here we go with semantics, oh no I didn't support Shula, I didn't keep saying that our offense was the reason our defense was good.

I don't care how you plan to deflect, anyone that read your posts in the last year knows.

I didn't say I didn't support Shula.

All I ever said was that offensive effeciency was a big part of our improvement on defense. And that effeciency is more important than pace

This year we haven't been as effecient. How's our defense been?

I didn't say I didn't support Shula.

All I ever said was that offensive effeciency was a big part of our improvement on defense. And that effeciency is more important than pace

This year we haven't been as effecient. How's our defense been?

And everyone tried to explain that TOP has little to do with effeciency or defense. Citing teams such as Saints from last year, the Colts this year, the Patriots of the past, and you still contended that Shula's dick tasted so good.

I actually don't think Shula called that bad of a game.

The only call that I can think back at and say '"wth" was the decision to run Stew on 3rd and 3 from the three. I guess you could make a case for the screen on 4th and 25 at the end of the game but to be honest the game was over before that play.

We played well enough to win the game. Outside of our passing game (both blocking and passing) we looked like a solid team.

We attempted a screen pass to Greg Olsen on 3rd and 10.

And everyone tried to explain that TOP has little to do with effeciency or defense. Citing teams such as Saints from last year, the Colts this year, the Patriots of the past, and you still contended that Shula's dick tasted so good.

Colts just gave up 35 points in a half to a Steelers team that has struggled to score this season.

The fact they have played mostly shitty QBs has a lot to do with their defense.

And I have never ever said TOP has anything to do with effeciency. Never. I have said that effeciency is more important than raw yardage and total points

I have said that TOP can help inflate defensive statistics, which only an idiot would believe not to be true

You sure don't seem to remember many of my posts for someone who talks about what I did or didn't say

I 100% blame shula. All the points we left on the field had more to do with play calling than execution. Sure there is issues with the Oline and other things. But I saw some good things wiped out by running the same offense all 4 quarters with no ability to compensate for the opponent:

Once they figure out our scheme for that day they beat us. Because we don't change it no matter what the scoreboard says.

There is a lot of blame to go around but honestly número uno is Shula. Fire him then go from there.

Archived