• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm not blaming Shula

Jeremy Igo

Shula is a bad offensive coordinator this year. Shula was a bad offensive coordinator last year. Shula has always been a bad offensive play caller.

how is that not blaming shula? it may not be his fault he was given the job, just like it's not a radical terrorist's fault he was born in the midst of political violence and produced by social, political, and religious-response forces beyond his control, but at the end of the day shula, like the radical terrorist, is making the conscious choices and decisions that flow directly from his hand. i think shula absolutely IS to blame.

And?

It was Gettleman who decided to keep Bell and Chandler. It was Gettleman who decided signing Roman Harper was a good idea. It was Gettleman who tagged Hardy.

There's plenty of blame to go around, and Gettleman gets his share.

Excuse me.

Maybe you forgot? The thread was about Shula; why he sucks, and who hired him. Not about Bell, Chandler and Harper.

Different thread.

Shula is a bad offensive coordinator this year. Shula was a bad offensive coordinator last year. Shula has always been a bad offensive play caller.

Don't blame a guy for being what he has always been. Blame the guys that put him in that position and downgraded his personnel all while expecting a positive result.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Don't blame a guy for being what he has always been. Blame the guys that put him in that position and downgraded his personnel all while expecting a positive result.

I'm not sure a positive result was expected.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Agreed Jeremy, but the problem is, I have been indicting Gettleman all year and the majority give him a pass.

The only reason I bring up Shula's job now is because our franchise does have a habit of creating "sacrificial lambs" to quell the masses from getting at those truly responsible.

Our fan base is the same way.

You are right that it's the head men who are jacking this up, that said, you don't fix a problem by not fixing the problem and Shula is obviously a huge problem. I haven't bagged on Shula until now hard, but jeeze, I literally sat on my couch saying "what the duck did I just watch?!?" For no less than 5 minutes after the 4th down call.

Archived